Who does the covid test at the port?

On my last Marella cruise in April, flying from Gatwick to Barbados, I was required to take a self administered (Chronomics) test the night before flying, and the test result was checked at the airport.

No test was  actually required at the port before boarding.

17 hours ago, sigsig78 said:

Hi all

Can anyone tell me who does the test at the port?  do they let you do it yourself under supervision?

The test at the port in Corfu was done in the port by independent medics and not by Marella.

You are given a bespoke number and when its your turn to test, that number is then stuck to the plastic covid yes/no indicator. When the result is then shouted out while you're watching the Safety Review on the big screen. Negative hopefully 😆

On 7/11/2022 at 8:11 AM, Rebel Rouser said:

The test at the port in Corfu was done in the port by independent medics and not by Marella.

You are given a bespoke number and when its your turn to test, that number is then stuck to the plastic covid yes/no indicator. When the result is then shouted out while you're watching the Safety Review on the big screen. Negative hopefully 😆

Thanks for that RR, in my haste I had not noticed that for Corfu a covid test is administered before being allowed to board the ship. However I did spot the requirement for a day before the cruise covid test, but is there anything else I have overlooked ?