Star time vs Puerto Vallarto time

kato92

Hey you Star returnees. Can you remember if the ship time and Puerto vallarto time were the same. I am trying to book a massage and need to know if there is a time difference.:confused:

Kato92, Puerto Vallarta is in the Mountain Time Zone and I believe the Ship will be on Pacific Time. Therefore PV is an Hour Earlier than ship time.

Beedubyah (BW)

Kato92, Puerto Vallarta is in the Mountain Time Zone and I believe the Ship will be on Pacific Time. Therefore PV is an Hour Earlier than ship time.

Beedubyah (BW)

Thanks BW...but I need to know for sure. I am booking a massage on shore and don't want to be late. I have a ship tour that ends at 12:30 and want to do a massage at 1:30.:) According to you the tour would end at 11:30 puerto vallarto time...but if it is the other way...then I wouldn't make a 1:30 massage:mad:

Hey you Star returnees. Can you remember if the ship time and Puerto vallarto time were the same. I am trying to book a massage and need to know if there is a time difference.:confused:

bump...still need help

I have cruised on the Star. I can say with certainty that Puerto Vallarta is in the central time zone. All ports of call south of Puerto Vallarta are in central time zone. All ports of call north of Puerto Vallarta are in Mountain time zone.

When the ship leaves LA, passengers are instructed to adjust clocks forward 1 hour to mountain time. The ship stays on Mountain time until the morning it returns to LA.

So, local time in Puerto Vallarta (central) is one hour ahead of ship time (mountain). A tour ending at 12:30 ship's time would end at 1:30 local time.

Mexico, except the State of Sonora, uses daylight savings time like California. So the time difference would be the same all year around.

Hope this helps!

I think the time change is really stupid. The only place where the ship has the same time as the local time is in Cabo. The rest of the places are another hour ahead and it does lead to some confusion. But I guess it might help get folks back to the ship on time!

Archived