Need advice on disembark from Rome port.

Branfsu

3 minutes ago, Nolefan95 said:

Well, I am back now. Unfortunately! 🙂 Turns out I didn't need Fast Track Passes at all but I think if we needed them it looked like a great option. We made a 10:40AM Miami flight yesterday and had plenty of time. Even ate and shopped at the airport. We self-disembarked at 6:30am and arranged a private transfer (Rome Cabs) for 6:45 AM who was waiting for us about 6:40 am when we got out of the terminal. The car traffic at the airport was pretty bad so our taxi driver dropped us off by the parking garages and told us where to walk (about a 3-minute walk). Probably saved 30 minutes that way. We also checked in ahead of time on the airline app (ITA) which also saved us time as there was a separate check-in line for people who already checked in and just had to do the bag drop. The regular check-in line was pretty long. The airport had a separate security line for direct flights to the USA which also saved us a ton of time as there was maybe 3 families in that line. Got right through. The regular security line looked very long and if we didn't have a direct flight I imagine the fast track pass would have come in extremely useful as the line was MUCH shorter in that line. 

Welcome home! Hope you had a fantastic trip! Thank you very much for posting your experience. It is very much appreciated!

• Like 1

On 7/3/2023 at 10:51 AM, Nolefan95 said:

Well, I am back now. Unfortunately! 🙂 Turns out I didn't need Fast Track Passes at all but I think if we needed them it looked like a great option. We made a 10:40AM Miami flight yesterday and had plenty of time. Even ate and shopped at the airport. We self-disembarked at 6:30am and arranged a private transfer (Rome Cabs) for 6:45 AM who was waiting for us about 6:40 am when we got out of the terminal. The car traffic at the airport was pretty bad so our taxi driver dropped us off by the parking garages and told us where to walk (about a 3-minute walk). Probably saved 30 minutes that way. We also checked in ahead of time on the airline app (ITA) which also saved us time as there was a separate check-in line for people who already checked in and just had to do the bag drop. The regular check-in line was pretty long. The airport had a separate security line for direct flights to the USA which also saved us a ton of time as there was maybe 3 families in that line. Got right through. The regular security line looked very long and if we didn't have a direct flight I imagine the fast track pass would have come in extremely useful as the line was MUCH shorter in that line. 

Just wanted to thank you for sharing your experience and the accompanying details. We've got an early direct flight to the US and this is extremely helpful. We are still going to purchase the Fast Track Passes, but it's good to know about a possibly even shorter line. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Greygooser said:

Just wanted to thank you for sharing your experience and the accompanying details. We've got an early direct flight to the US and this is extremely helpful. We are still going to purchase the Fast Track Passes, but it's good to know about a possibly even shorter line. 

Just for interest-Where are you headed? We have an 11am direct flight to Dulles on United on Oct 15

On 7/11/2023 at 8:13 AM, Greygooser said:

Thank you. Just want to add that once you get through security it will look like you are in the clear, there will be shops, etc. But you gotta keep walking into the passport control area which won't yet be visible after security. There will be another line for that....  After that, you are in the clear. 

• Like 2