Flight canceled but still showing on Princess

cruise2relax

My EZAir Delta flight out of Tampa was changed 4 times, with the last change resulting in arrival at the port the day AFTER the cruise departed.  I called, chatted, had my TA call, but was told by Princess that they would not address the issue until 7 days prior to sail date.  You cannot modify, change or cancel the flight through the airline directly since it is paid for through Princess.  Needless to say I was completely stressed out.  They did change it (without speaking to me) on the 6th day prior to sailing.  No additional cost.

However, after we checked into the flight, Delta cancelled it and rebooked it to a later flight which was past the acceptable time of arrival.  I called the Princess number for en route emergency and they were very helpful in changing the flight to something acceptable. 

Even though this was a very painful experience with EZAir, they did the best they could under the circumstances given all the turmoil with air travel these days.

40 minutes ago, cruise2relax said:

Carrier shows as canceled but Princess shows it happening.  Booked through EZ Air.  Will they rebook me, will it be at the same price, do I need to call?  Any help would be appreciated.

If carrier shows cancelled, then it’s cancelled. If it were me, I would call EZAIR to see what they protected you on. They probably have not updated or worked your record.  
Call Princess and push the option for EZAIR.  Hopefully, a rep can help.

You don’t say how far out you are. The Princess phone and option for EZAir is actually CS, because EZAIR is overwhelmed with changes. But,

see if CS can help. If you have a TA

call them also.

Edited by PacnGoNow

How far out is your cruise?

My experience too was that they said they wouldn't talk to me until about 30 days out. I wasn't willing to deal with that stress. I gave up and rebooked myself thru EZ Air online, which cost me and several hundred $ more (International Business class) since the price had gone up since I booked. I even had a CVP and she was less than helpful.... 🙄

My experience was a few months ago....might be that it has gotten better....but I am doubtful. 

17 minutes ago, PacnGoNow said:

If carrier shows cancelled, then it’s cancelled. If it were me, I would call EZAIR to see what they protected you on. They probably have not updated or worked your record.  
Call Princess and push the option for EZAIR.  Hopefully, a rep can help.

You don’t say how far out you are. The Princess phone and option for EZAir is actually CS, because EZAIR is overwhelmed with changes. But,

see if CS can help. If you have a TA

call them also.

THIS. Do it now. Don't wait. 

13 minutes ago, cruise2relax said:

We are 48 days out so technically we could rebook but lots more $$

No…don’t rebook unless it’s cheaper!

Call now…call the regular Princess phone and push the option for EZAIR.

1 hour ago, cruise2relax said:

Carrier shows as canceled but Princess shows it happening.  Booked through EZ Air.  Will they rebook me, will it be at the same price, do I need to call?  Any help would be appreciated.

Look at the airline schedules and see what would work for you on their current schedules (airline website) and ask them to rebook it for you when you talk to Princess.

1 minute ago, PacnGoNow said:

No…don’t rebook unless it’s cheaper!

Call now…call the regular Princess phone and push the option for EZAIR.

Plan on having sufficient time do get this done. You will first speak to a Princess EZAir person who will be able to do absolutely NOTHING. She will then transfer you to a real EZAir person. This will be the individual who will actually be able to address your issue. You will then have the opportunity to explain the entire thing over again. You cannot simply ask to be transferred to a real EZAir person during your first contact. Don't be discouraged. This is just the way it works. It's the system Princess/EZAir have in place for us all to work within. Each time you hold for a different person, be prepared to wait for an hour or more. I always put myself in a place where I can make the call then set the phone down while I do other things during the extended waiting periods. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Bobbiegentry said:

Plan on having sufficient time do get this done. You will first speak to a Princess EZAir person who will be able to do absolutely NOTHING. She will then transfer you to a real EZAir person. This will be the individual who will actually be able to address your issue. You will then have the opportunity to explain the entire thing over again. You cannot simply ask to be transferred to a real EZAir person during your first contact. Don't be discouraged. This is just the way it works. It's the system Princess/EZAir have in place for us all to work within. Each time you hold for a different person, be prepared to wait for an hour or more. I always put myself in a place where I can make the call then set the phone down while I do other things during the extended waiting periods. 

Yes true!  I was able to get the CS agent to help with one booking, but not a rebooking.  But I got through right away to the first agent, held a while foe the EZAIR agent.  But OP needs to be rebooked.

Update for those of you in a similar situation.  Called last Thursday and spoke to Customer service.  Very nice but could not help as they cannot deal with flights, transferred me to "travel services" wherein I held for 90 minutes then was disconnected so I have no idea if they would have been helpful.  Needing to set aside 2 hours or so to accomplish this, I tried again this morning.  The customer service rep was clueless (sounded like someone who may be on her first day on the job).  after putting me on hold 3 times for about 10 minutes each, she finally transferred me to "easyair" where someone actually answered right away.  She put me on hold for 20 minutes to come back and tell me the flight was gone and cancelled (no kidding) is there something she could help me with?  Yep, I need a flight.  Another 20 minutes I hold, she came back to tell me she located a new flight an hour earlier - fine.  Another 20 minutes on hold she came back to say it was booked and I would get an email.  I did receive it.

In short, take the advice of the boards, deal with it right away right now.  Do not wait.