Any recent information of guests testing positive recently in Italy

CanadianKLM

So we’re the unlucky guests (or perhaps stupid) who tested positive on our first morning of the cruise. 

We’ve been in isolation for the past four days, with inadequate information being provided. I know we’re going to be transported to an unknown hotel in Trieste, Italy, for another three nights (at least) to serve out the isolation required by Italy. 

I’ve talked to medical and guest services several times and I’m not getting any consistent information. I’m hoping someone who has been through this recently might provide some reassurances to me. Or advice. Or sympathy. 

my questions range from - what type of hotel might they put us in? Will it be a dump? How will we get food? Will it be 5 times the market rate? Will there be any medical oversight? Will NCL provide an FCC for our cruise fare? 

Wow!  So sorry!   It sounds like we are all headed in the Covid direction again with the new variant spreading so fast.  I keep waiting for the cruise ships "masks required" to be posted again.  Our neighbor just got off a cruise last week, don't know which one, but a large number on board tested positive.  They put themselves in self imposed isolation for a week after getting home.  Sympathy is all I can offer though.  

Edited by roger001

8 minutes ago, CanadianKLM said:

And the current update is that we will be disembarked tomorrow after the other guests to be taken to an unknown location. They can’t tell me where. Or the cost. It feels rather surreal. 

Sorry you are dealing with this.  I hope you feel better soon.  

Do you have trip insurance?  Hopefully so, and your out of pocket costs will be minimal.