Dolphin Discovery...booking privately

teresapink

HAs anyone ever booked through Dolphin Discovery in Puerto Aventuras privately. The RCI excursion is booked but there is availability directly through the website. Any info would be helpful. The 1pm time slot is open. Would we have time to get back to the ship and dressed for main seating Formal night dining?

Thanks for any help.

Teresa

We booked privately online with Dolphin Discovery for their Cozumel location. Unfortunately it won't be open in time for our April cruise. But DD emailed us about that and sent us a refund with no hesitation. We received excellent customer service from them so I would certainly book directly with them in the future. Sorry I can't help you with any specifics about the Puerto Adventuras location.

Cheryl

Hi, we just returned from the Enchantment and did the Dolphin Discovery at Puerta Aventuras. I would be real careful of booking the tour privately. We booked through the ship and were on the 1st ferry to depart at almost 11am. We did not arrive back on board the ship until 7:40 pm. The ship was held for us because we were on a ship sponsored tour. The excursions are the 1st ones to tender off the ship. Once we boarded the ferry it was a 45 minute ride on the ferry to Playa then a 10-15 minute walk to the bus and then another 35 minutes on the bus. Although we enjoyed the Dolphin swim tremendously, I would not do it again unless it was in Cozumel.

Marge106 - Thanks for the info. There was someone on the RCL board who said the only thing they could do for hours after the swim was shop. To me, that didn't sound right. Yesterday morning, I sent an email to DD and they indicated we'd have full use of the facilities after the swim.

the only thing we could not do was use the pool, it was privately owned by a hotel on the site. Since the traveling time is so long, you really don't have much time after the swim. You do the swim, which they video ($29.00) and photograph ($13.00 & $15.00). After the swim they take you into this little room to watch the video. No high pressure to buy, but who could resist. Then you do lunch and after that you have about and 1.5 hr to amuse yourself. The time went really fast. They supply you with a locker (free of charge). The whole thing was absolutely wonderful and a lot of fun. ENJOY

Marge106 - Was lunch included in the price of your excursion? I didn't see it listed under ours. Someone posted that they received lunch as part of the trip, but I think they may have been on Carnival - not sure. Also, how was the ferry ride over? Anybody get sick? I see sporadic reports of people getting sick on the ferry. Our ship arrives early in Cozumel and our excursion leaves at 7:00 am. :eek: I hope we wake up on time.

Archived