Ship Dimensions - Nerd Time

I'm nerding out this morning, and looking for some knowledge on how pilotage fees are calculated. I made it pretty far, but I can't find "depth to the uppermost continuous deck" for any ship.  So I was trying to estimate this number.

Would this number be the height of the ship from the waterline to the highest pool deck, excluding the crown decks on most Royal ships? Or do you measure this from the keep to the highest accessible passenger deck, regardless of it's point on the ship?

And, does anyone know the "depth to the uppermost continuous deck" for Oasis and Anthem?

TYIA

13 minutes ago, 2chiefs said:

I'm not sure what you mean by "depth">

Me neither!

But

"'Pilotage Units' as used in this subdivision shall be determined by multiplying the overall length of the vessel by the extreme breadth by the depth to the uppermost continuous deck and dividing the total by ten thousand.."

Source: Rate card for NY Sandy Hook Pilotage 2022

There's a number listed for Oasis' depth at 74 feet. If we're talking the helipad deck, then this number might be what I was looking for, but I knew 74 feet was not the height or clearance height of this ship.

B. Definitions:
•"Overall Length" is the distance between the forward and after extremities of the vessel.
•"Extreme Breadth" is the maximum breadth to the outside of the shell plating of the vessel.
•"Depth" is the vertical distance at amidships from the top of the keel plate to the uppermost continuous deck, fore and aft, and which extends to the sides of the vessel. The continuity of the deck shall not be considered to be affected by the existence of tonnage openings, engine spaces, or a step in the deck.
•All measurements shall be in feet and inches (U.S.).
•The State Pilotage Commission shall be the sole arbiter with respect to a question concerning these definitions. The decision by the Commission shall be final.
•The measurements of overall length, extreme breadth, and depth as previously defined, shall be made available to the pilot by the master or his agent for the computation of pilotage fees. Failure to provide the measurements so required shall subject the vessel to the maximum pilotage charge.
•“Upper most continuous deck” is the upper most continuous deck of a vessel where cargo may be stored or where one or more passenger cabins is located.