Dining as a group when booked separately

dohboy43

My wife and I are going on a cruise with my parents (their first time), and we booked separately. Will we be able to make dining reservations at specialty restaurants for all 4 of us together, and will there be any issues if my parents don't have the beverage package but we do (they don't drink so they opted not to get it)?

2 minutes ago, dohboy43 said:

My wife and I are going on a cruise with my parents (their first time), and we booked separately. Will we be able to make dining reservations at specialty restaurants for all 4 of us together, and will there be any issues if my parents don't have the beverage package but we do (they don't drink so they opted not to get it)?

When you go to book, just pick a table for 4. You won't need to specify who is paying for what until either the hostess asks you or your server. And there are no issues with the beverage package.  You will use your card to get your drinks included and they will use their card to be charged for any beverages they get that have a fee. I have traveled several times with others who don't have the beverage package and its no issue at all.

4 hours ago, kelib said:

What about reservations for 8. Not for every night but a few nights for celebrating. Do any of the specialty have larger tables or do you have to reserve 2 tables of 4?

You can try booking online but if not available find out where they are taking dinner reservations as soon as you board (usually near or in the Atrium) and you can make your arrangements.

7 hours ago, kelib said:

What about reservations for 8. Not for every night but a few nights for celebrating. Do any of the specialty have larger tables or do you have to reserve 2 tables of 4?

I can't speak for every restaurant on every ship, but all that I've seen have tables that can accommodate 8.  I believe you can make reservations for 8 online at every restaurant.  To the original question, I always book a solo cabin and travel with friends so I literally make reservations for unrelated people at every meal.  It's fine, except it makes you book an even number.  I just book 4 or 6 when I have 3 or 5.  No biggie.

• Like 1