NCL Excursion help (reviews are from 2014!)

booger5

Our NCL cruise at the beginning of August had a major itinerary change so St. Thomas is probably the only port we will do a ship sponsored excursion if there is one worth it. We found one that peaked our interest, but the reviews are from 2014-2015 and googling the name hasn't helped much. Anyone who has been there more recently have any insight? Not opposed to going private but was trying to take advantage of their $50 off excursions in at least one port. 

The name of the excursion on NCL is "PowerCat Snorkel & Beach" and goes to Honeymoon beach which was appealing to us based on reviews we have read here. 

Thanks in advance for any suggestions. We are traveling with a 7 year old who only has experience snorkeling in a pool at the moment so that is our one limitation.

We’ve not taken this particular excursion, nor have we snorkeled at the spots you hit - Turtle Cove (Buck Island), and HB on Water Island. Honeymoon Beach has been pretty calm when we’ve been there, it just tends to get crowded if there are already folks there who ferried over.

I’m sure others can share more useful feedback. If nothing soon, try posing this question on the TripAdvisor STT forum as that is an active forum…

Edited by blue_water
Typo

43 minutes ago, blue_water said:

We’ve not taken this particular excursion, nor have we snorkeled at the spots you hit - Turtle Cove (Buck Island), and HB on Water Island. Honeymoon Beach has been pretty calm when we’ve been there, it just tends to get crowded if there are already folks there who ferried over.

I’m sure others can share more useful feedback. If nothing soon, try posing this question on the TripAdvisor STT forum as that is an active forum…

Thank you for the feedback. I will try to post on TripAdvisor as well. We figure worst case we will see what is offered once we get off the ship but I am more of a planner >.<

2 hours ago, booger5 said:

Thank you for the feedback. I will try to post on TripAdvisor as well. We figure worst case we will see what is offered once we get off the ship but I am more of a planner >.<

Yes…You want to take advantage of the credit so hopefully you can get quick feedback from regulars on those snorkel spots…

On 7/19/2022 at 5:29 AM, booger5 said:

Not opposed to going private but was trying to take advantage of their $50 off excursions in at least one port. 

Please don't let the $50 credit be your deciding factor.  It's another one of NCL's nickel and dime traps -- the official excursions are marked up over what you can find online to set up before or what you can research now and purchase at the port.  Consider that the $50 savings off guest #1 is quickly eroded after the excursion cost for you and your child.

Better reasons for opting for the official NCL excursion over 3rd party or DIY are less hassle and not being left behind.  The (up to) $50 excursion (off 1st guest only) credit works out in some situations, but is more often a trap, especially when more guests are added in.