Currently on NCL Pearl 7/22/22: Free at Sea Plus Package

CTCruiser001

For those wondering, the FASUP package is working great! No issues getting the upgrades added to cabin, other than unlimited wifi internet. The internet manager wasn't aware of this new offering and had to reach out to corporate the next day to get added to our package. Still fairly new offering, not many know about it on board. Doesn't sound like many have gotten it for our sailing. 

• Like 3

34 minutes ago, lorisNH said:

How's the food in the MDR?

Sorry, we won't be eating in the MDR. We planned specialty restaurants all week. Last night was Cagney's for our first night on-board. Bottle of wine was included with Premium Plus package.

20220722_200116.jpg

20220722_200048.jpg

20220722_200103.jpg

20220722_202722.jpg

received_438251997996229.jpeg

20220722_210719.jpg

20220722_210750.jpg

20220722_212001.jpg

• Like 3

It's the Free At Sea Plus package. It's not advertised on the NCL website or app. You have to call to add it to your booking. I don't know if it's been verified whether it can be added onboard.

Hopefully this will link to the CC thread on the upgrade package:

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/topic/2865913-ncl-introduces-new-free-at-sea-plus-packages/?do=getNewComment

On 7/23/2022 at 5:16 PM, lorisNH said:

How's the food in the MDR?

We were on the Pearl in June and the food was fine in the MDR.  We preferred Indigo over Summer Palace as Summer Palace for dinner as it seemed to be warmer (temperature wise) at least the night we ate there.  We did have breakfast one morning at Summer Palace that was very good. The only restaurant that we were disappointed with was O'Sheehan's.  The service wasn't great and the food wasn't very good.  Lotus Garden was very good too.

Flip

On 7/23/2022 at 5:53 PM, CTCruiser001 said:

Sorry, we won't be eating in the MDR. We planned specialty restaurants all week. Last night was Cagney's for our first night on-board. Bottle of wine was included with Premium Plus package.

20220722_200116.jpg

20220722_200048.jpg

20220722_200103.jpg

20220722_202722.jpg

received_438251997996229.jpeg

20220722_210719.jpg

20220722_210750.jpg

20220722_212001.jpg

Hi @CTCruiser001

Would love an update on how the FASUP package is treating you, and the quality of the specialty restaurants. Your first night at Cagney's looked lovely.

I'd also like to know if they've brought back any of the larger scale entertainment options to the Pearl.

Enjoy your remaining time on the cruise! Feel free to update after disembarkation 🙂

Edited by WorkingForOBC

4 hours ago, NH Cruise Lover said:

Sailing on the Pearl in two weeks and wondered what time the entertainment takes place. Are there one or two shows a night?

Trying to make dinner reservations.

630 or 7PM dinner is likely your best bet... most shows start at 8PM...

On 7/23/2022 at 12:50 PM, CTCruiser001 said:

For those wondering, the FASUP package is working great! No issues getting the upgrades added to cabin, other than unlimited wifi internet. The internet manager wasn't aware of this new offering and had to reach out to corporate the next day to get added to our package. Still fairly new offering, not many know about it on board. Doesn't sound like many have gotten it for our sailing. 

Just curious, how did you know that the unlimited wifi had not been applied? We haven't cruised with NCL before, so I don't have any frame of reference. Our cruise is in October, so hopefully they'll figure it all out before then anyway, but still.

Regardless, thank you so much for sharing your experience! It puts my mind at ease a bit after shelling out nearly $700 for FASUP!

Hi you mention using the fasup and also specialty dining every night.  What code was your specialty dining upgrade?  I have added fasup to an upcoming g cruise but now can’t get the extra dining nights I want as they say they can’t also add that on….

On 7/28/2022 at 3:30 PM, WorkingForOBC said:

Hi @CTCruiser001

Would love an update on how the FASUP package is treating you, and the quality of the specialty restaurants. Your first night at Cagney's looked lovely.

I'd also like to know if they've brought back any of the larger scale entertainment options to the Pearl.

Enjoy your remaining time on the cruise! Feel free to update after disembarkation 🙂

We enjoyed all the specialty dining restaurants. No issues with the package at all!

Didn't partake in the productions, just not our thing. 

16 hours ago, rbxlady said:

Just curious, how did you know that the unlimited wifi had not been applied? We haven't cruised with NCL before, so I don't have any frame of reference. Our cruise is in October, so hopefully they'll figure it all out before then anyway, but still.

Regardless, thank you so much for sharing your experience! It puts my mind at ease a bit after shelling out nearly $700 for FASUP!

The app showed we only had 150 minutes of wifi time to use (our Latitudes perk)...We questioned the internet manager and he had to look into it. Within the next day the app showed the full cruise length as wifi being included. 

• Thanks 1

16 hours ago, buffet24 said:

I see that the ship has docked in Boston... So welcome back to Boston!  😉 Quick question.... how was the WiFi speed/performance on board?

Certainly quick enough for our needs. Received emails and fb messages from friends and home. Was able to communicate with DW via fb messages onboard. Pictures loaded to fb very quickly when we posted. We were happy with the speeds. 

5 hours ago, Happycrafter123 said:

Hi you mention using the fasup and also specialty dining every night.  What code was your specialty dining upgrade?  I have added fasup to an upcoming g cruise but now can’t get the extra dining nights I want as they say they can’t also add that on….

These were the promo codes for our trip. FASUP was all that was added when we upgraded that package. 

Screenshot_20220730-004829_Office.jpg

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, queenschick9b said:

Do you know if this add on is available for all ships or is it just being piloted on certain one? I was going to do drinks and WiFi anyway so now I am wondering if I should call and do this instead based on feedback from another question. 

I believe it is available for all ships. If you're interested, I would call to add it.