Free at Sea Plus- available to purchase upon embarkation?

Javajitterz

We have $1,000 OBC that was gifted to us that we were going to use to go Premium Plus but now with the Free at Sea Plus package we'd definitely like to upgrade to that instead. Does anyone know if you can purchase it when you get onboard like you can with the Premium Plus?

We got the 'free at sea' package when we made our reservation.  My NCL cruise consultant says you cannot add it on later.  You can also decline parts of the package that you don't want to avoid service charges but again, when you make your reservation.

13 minutes ago, Diver2014 said:

We got the 'free at sea' package when we made our reservation.  My NCL cruise consultant says you cannot add it on later.  You can also decline parts of the package that you don't want to avoid service charges but again, when you make your reservation.

Hey @Diver2014, I think the OP is referring to the new Free at Sea PLUS upgrade package. You are definitely right about declining portions of the Free at Sea package though!

@Javajitterz (first, I LOVE your name, describes me to a Tea- sorry, had to)...anyway, I wish I could be of more help to you. I'm definitely interested in this answer. My husband purchased the Free at Sea Plus upgrade for our August cruise, but my husband and his PCC are unable to do so for our March cruise, due to having airfare. I'm hoping, either 1) the rules change and we can purchase the upgrade before the cruise, or 2) we are able to purchase onboard. 

Best of luck and keep that caffeine drip going!

• 4 months later...

It cannot.  However, Premium Plus and Internet components can be added separately.  The extra meals, and excursion credits would not be included.

It would be nice if it could, because OBC could be used to pay for it but, alas...

Edited by phillygwm
  • Thanks 2

On 12/2/2022 at 1:20 PM, phillygwm said:

It cannot.  However, Premium Plus and Internet components can be added separately.  The extra meals, and excursion credits would not be included.

It would be nice if it could, because OBC could be used to pay for it but, alas...

Thank you.  This is the first I realized that adding FAS+ was only a pre-cruise option. 

I haven't decided if I want it, but since we were upgrading the drink package, and I would like more Internet, and the extra dining appeals to me, I was leaning towards upgrading to this anyway. 

1 hour ago, SunshineGal2022 said:

I haven't decided if I want it, but since we were upgrading the drink package, and I would like more Internet, and the extra dining appeals to me, I was leaning towards upgrading to this anyway. 

Yeah, I've never regretted the two cruises where I upgraded to FAS+ (or the one before that when it was just P+.)  As a solo, it's $42/day, so only $7 more than P+ alone.  On a 7 day cruise, you're effectively getting the Internet for free.  But I love Champagne and sparkling water; I have several bottles of Pellegrino per day.  Not a huge Starbucks fan but it's there and included so I'll have an occasional Frappucino etc.  Doing the math, for me, I offset around $30 of the $35 P+ cost with non-alcoholic bevs alone.

It's $49 per for a couple, so you need to gauge how many excursions you'd be going on and do the math from there but it would seem to make sense.