Port Canaveral Restaurants

Venusat51

http://www.space-coast.com/do/dining/ is a link to a great general web site about the Space Coast. It's been about three years since I went out to dinner there, so I wouldn't want to give you any personal info, but you can get some idea about places to eat from the link. In addition, if you're a AAA member, or know someone who is, their AAA travel book has a ton of info in it as well about lodging and dining. If you have an Entertainment book, you can check their site as well, and get discounts on dining in P'Can. Hope this helps.

Wraithe

We ate at a place called Grills at the pier. The food was great. We were able to sit outside and watch boats come and go. There was a bar outside with a live band. The place was packed so it must be very popular.

Venusat51,

We ate at Grills the night before our Mariner cruise. It is right there at the port. We got there around 3:30pm Saturday afternoon and watched the Glory and 2 Disney ships leave. Here is the name and website. You can print a 10% coupon from their site too. Good food and live music. Enjoy!!

Grills Seafood Deck & Tiki Bar

321-868-2226

505 Glen Cheek Drive

Cape Canaveral, FL 32920

http://www.visitgrills.com/contact.php

Teresa

BTW-I grew up there so to me Cocoa Beach and PC are the same but that was in the 60's. :D

I live in the Port Canaveral area and it is a VERY busy restaurant so plan accordingly. It is a laid back atmosphere and has good food. This is a restaurant where I always bring family when they visit.

Deb,

How about a decent morning snack place. The hotel that I'm staying at has a continental breakfast, but I may want to go out for some breakfast instead. Plan to be on the ship in time to eat lunch. Any suggestions from a local. Damn I wish that I lived there, too. I loved it when we used to pull into P'Can on the boat. It was always fun, and the weather is so beautiful. Reminds of how FL was when I was a kid in Miami.

Wraithe

PS Do you know anything about the Clarion Hotel Kennedy Space Center on Merrit Island Causeway? That's where I'm going to be staying.

We are cruising in May and would like to know if anyone has information on great restaurants in the Port Canaveral or Cocoa Beach area.

We visit the Cocoa Beach area often. One of our favorite restaurants in Cocoa Beach, is the Mango Tree on A1A. A very romantic restaurant with a piano player and terrific food.

Another great one , just south of Patricks Air Force Base is an Italian Reataurant. Called The Dove in Satellite Beach. Reservations are a must for both, in advance.:)

• 2 weeks later...

Grills also serves breakfast, but I can not vouge for that since I have never had breakfast there. But I just recently went to a place called "Zachary's" in the Port on A1A and it was very good, and they serve breakfast all day long. As the previous poster mentioned, Perkins is down the road in Cocoa Beach. Also on A1A is the Tea Room, which serves breakfast, good too. I believe the Clarion in Merritt Island is the only hotel in Merritt Island. I have never seen the hotel but years ago I used to go to the club/bar/restaurant on property, it was nice (back then).

In addition to Grill's, there's a fairly new restaurant called FishLips a couple hundred yards west of Grill's that serves great food. This two-story building formerly housed Lloyd's, and offers both inside and upper-deck outside seating overlooking the port and the cruise ships. It has the same fun ambiance of Grill's, but I think the food is much better. For locals here that may have tried FishLips in the past: about 5 months ago a new head chef was hired and he has completely revamped the menu. Prices are still reasonable and the food is innovative, super fresh, and delicious.

As for breakfast ideas, our most famous breakfast landmark, the Moon Hut, was replaced last year by a new Mexican restaurant that is very good, but doesn't serve breakfast. Both Grill's and FishLips serve great breakfasts on the weekends (I'm not sure about week days), plus the Port Galley Restaurant in the Port is very popular with locals for home-style breakfasts and lunches 7 days a week. The PG is not on "restaurant row", but quite easy to find in the southeast side of the port near Jetty Park.

Continuing breakfast ideas heading south from the Port on A1A:

• Zachary's (adjacent to the Radisson)
  • McDonald's is across the street
  • Bagel Paradise A1A (east side in a small 3 shop building)
  • As mentioned by Deb - the Tea Room has relocated to a larger, ugly yellow building on A1A (east side), but has a huge crowd every morning
  • Dunkin Donuts A1A (east side)
  • Wahoo Coffee Shop A1A (in the Publix Shopping Center west side of A1A) has a great cinnamon rolls and awesome lattes
  • Perkins on A1A (east side) as Nliedel mentioned
  • If you have some extra time, my very favorite current breakfast spot is Roberto's Cuban Diner in downtown Cocoa Beach -- also excellent lunches and dinners in a home-style casual setting.

Wraithe - I don't know what to tell you about the Clarion on Merritt Island. It was a Holiday Inn for years, but looks pretty run down now to me. Plus Trip Advisor respondents don't have a lot compliments. I don't know when you're cruising, but if it's a bit out, I'd look at relocating if I were you to something closer to the Port.

Well I've rambled on way too long so won't even start to touch on good dinner dining options, but YES, I love the Mango Tree, too :-).

Happy Cruising!

Clair

(40+ years in the Cape Canaveral area)

also, rustys is right at the pier. on weekends you will wait at all pier restaurants. fishers is a huge rip-off! we really like the sunset grill i think it is called. right on the river, eat in or out, they have music 50s, 60s, 70s band, right on the water so folks come by boat and car. if it is chilly, they have propane heaters, u never know it is cool and you can watch the boats and manatees. another restaurant is right next to the sunset, good seafood, casual too. you will wait on weekends..

Archived