Cruising Again: The Good, the Bad & the Ugly

If you haven't cruised since the start of the pandemic but are thinking of doing so, you may find my latest blog post of interest. It includes my experiences on three post-lockdown cruises, including one currently taking place in Europe.

https://gentlemansportion.com/2022/07/25/cruising-again-the-good-the-bad-the-ugly/

Feel free to ask questions or leave comments here, or on my blog itself. Thanks.

My opinion is that cruise a cruise vacation is as safe as most types of travel, and probably safer than air travel. But no travel is risk-free in the age of Covid. If you do not have underlying medical issues and are fully vaccinated, you are less likely to get seriously ill if you do catch Covid. On my current cruise, we have many people over 65 years of age, and they are the ones taking the most precautions such as wearing a mask in public areas. However, we now have 10 out of 365 guests who have tested positive for Covid and are/were in quarantine. My philosophy is that if I have a choice of travel with some risk versus never leaving home, I will choose the former. But perhaps best to check with your doctor before making a decision.