Some Thoughts on Symphony of the Seas

On 8/10/2022 at 2:17 PM, JLvacation said:

- We just got off a 9 Day out of Baltimore on the Enchantment of the Seas , as Well in a few weeks We are going out of Orlando on the Harmony of the Sea’s for 7 Days ! We booked a cruise on the Symphony of the Seas for our Anniversary next year ! How would you say the Symphony of the Sea’s compares to these Ships ? Just Curious !       Thanks Sincerely for any info !                   J.L. & Bree 

Harmony and Symphony are almost identical ships, and both will blow Enchantment out of the water.  

If you liked Enchantment, you'll be absolutely thrilled with your two Oasis-class ships.  However, make sure you bring comfortable shoes only, as they are HUGE ships and you'll be doing a lot of walking, day and night.

• Like 2

15 hours ago, Beth 2001 said:

Did they enforce assigned boarding times at the port?

I don't know; we overnighted at a hotel and showed up in our time window. I didn't overhear anyone complain of any issues. 

UDP? I don't know about the unlimited drink package onboard (the 3 of us did the unlimited soda package), but it's been my experience Royal is quite happy to sell people things. If you meant unlimited dining package, I still don't know. We didn't do specialty dining since our daughter has no evident appreciation for it and we were happy with the 'free stuff.' 

Interestingly, maybe it was just luck + my introverted mental tunnel vision, when out and about onboard I didn't notice people trying to sell me dining plans and similar 'upscale' annoyances on this cruise (other than jumping through hoops to get Regalia to give me another one of those little metal charm bracelet things). I've seen that in the past, but this cruise I didn't find annoying upscales when walking around. 

20 hours ago, brillohead said:

Harmony and Symphony are almost identical ships, and both will blow Enchantment out of the water.  

If you liked Enchantment, you'll be absolutely thrilled with your two Oasis-class ships.  However, make sure you bring comfortable shoes only, as they are HUGE ships and you'll be doing a lot of walking, day and night.

~ Thanks ~ We did the Allure of the Seas a few years back ! And it was Amazing to see the Technology that they are coming up with . Yes the Enchantment is no Comparison to some of the Newer Ship's ! And to be Completely Honest ~ Going on the Harmony of the Sea's is getting really close . And Yes we booked the Symphony of the Seas while on the Enchantment ! So we are already talking about tossing another cruise in some time next Year ! We just aren't sure / Which or Where ! 

It's funny you mention good walking shoes . My last good pair just finally blew apart from maximum usage . So Bree ordered Me a New Pair which just arrived the other day ! Which I have been trying to break them in before We leave for the Upcoming Cruise ~ and will Definitely be ready for the Symphony for our 20 Year Anniversary Cruise 🙂 

Thank You 

J.L. &  Bree   

• Like 2