What If All of The Included Excursions Are "Sold Out"?

DTZSCruise

Hi -

I understand Viking guarantees an excursion at each port. When I log into My Viking Journey, on some days all of the "Included" excursions are already sold out. Does anyone have first hand knowledge of knowing what Viking does in this situation?

1 hour ago, DTZSCruise said:

Hi -

I understand Viking guarantees an excursion at each port. When I log into My Viking Journey, on some days all of the "Included" excursions are already sold out. Does anyone have first hand knowledge of knowing what Viking does in this situation?

Hi!

Don't fret.. the same thing happened to us a month ago.  We just went to Guest Services on the first or second day of the cruise and by that time they had added on extra departures for the sold out included tour.😃

• Like 1

IMHO, don't wait until you board to get this taken care of.

First, if you are looking at MVJ before booking opens for your category, things may change by the time booking opens.

Once Viking opens for your category and if you cannot book all of the included excursions that you want, contact Viking at tellus@vikingcruises.com. Don't bother with chat or the call center; "TellUs" is higher up the chain of command. Tell them how upset and disappointed you are that you are that the included tours that are part of your tour package are already showing as  sold out sold out. Include your booking number and phone number.

In the meantime, keep checking MVJ.  Available seats can appear at any time unannounced. They are sold first-come-served. People change their minds. Vacation are canceled last minute for multiple reasons. Viking adds spaces.

If there is only one place available, take it. It is easier to get a second seat when you already have one.

• Like 1