same dress?

It may be a fashion no-no, but I do it. I have a long basic black dress that DOES NOT WRINKLE. In fact I will be wearing it three nights on my next cruise. Once with a white lacy top, the second with a teal blouse/jacket over it, and the third - with a black wrap.

Cruises are the only time I wear formalwear, plus I travel solo so I hate to be dragging to much luggage. Works well for me - Just make sure you have a steamer or send it out in between for pressing if you dress is not wrinkle proof.

Karen

is it the height of fashion no-no to wear the same dress both formal nights? i have the basic "little black dress" that can be accessorized any way. will i be a fashion faux pas?

anette

It is a good idea, and helps save on the amount of luggage you bring.

As a guy, I wear the same coat, and bring two different ties. You can change an accessory, like a wrap or shawl and it will look different....:)

My sister is going on a cruise with me to the Caribbean next month. She doesn't want to lug alot of clothes along, and I don't blame her. She bought a very pretty, classic line black dress from TravelSmith and plans to wear it on both formal nights. With a few changes in accessories, it will look great! I'm a clothes horse and like to change outfits, so I will be the one lugging multiple suitcases! However, to each their own, and there is absolutely nothing wrong with wearing your dress several times. Hope you have a great cruise!

Jane :)

There are so many ways you could accessorize that I don't think anybody would ever notice. You could have a different colored shawl, different jewelry, different hairstyle. You could have one look that's more sedate with simple jewelry and have another look that's not as sedate with a colored shawl, less simple jewelry. Accessories don't take up much room and it doesn't take much to change the look of an outfit, especially a LBD.

Sure you can wear the same dress twice! Accessories can make a huge difference, but even if you changed nothing it would be fine. Although I usually take two different formal dresses, just for the fun of it, it wouldn't bother me to wear the same one twice.

Sure you can wear the same dress twice! Accessories can make a huge difference, but even if you changed nothing it would be fine. Although I usually take two different formal dresses, just for the fun of it, it wouldn't bother me to wear the same one twice.

I agree, I would wear a black dress twice with different accessories, I just happen to have at least three to choose from for my cruise! :rolleyes:

Archived