NCL Flight/Hotel/Transfers

Georgigirl13

We are booked on NCL Escape in late October. We booked the entire trip through NCL including flights hotel in Rome and transfers. I know from reading the boards that the specifics will be released 30 days prior to travel but my question is has anyone else ever booked a complete package through NCL before? I'm curious about the hotel location (hopefully near restaurants and shops). Are the flights usually red eyes or multiple connections? How do transfers work from airport to hotel, hotel to port and port back to airport, do they advise you where to meet or do you text or call upon arrival or when ready for pickup?

Thank you all in advance.

If you booked flights with NCL Premium Air without extra days at either end, your package includes transfers from the airport to pier and back, on big coach busses.

We just came back from Rome in June 2022, and just got our flights for Amsterdam/London in September 2022, so this is current.

Expect your flights to be a shorter leg from your home airport to an international airport -- we've gone thru LGA, IAD, ORD and next DTW - followed by an overnight 7-9 hour flight.

NCL has partnerships with the major airlines, and gets the low-low-lowest rates for economy seats.  The fare class does NOT permit upgrades... we've tried to buy better seats with money, miles and flight-credits, to no avail.   NCL will not even discuss changes to flights, airports or schedules.

The Air team tries to get you on the ground between 9am and 2pm, which is when their busses are running loops to the pier. 

NCL partners with international chains (Hyatt, Hilton, Sheraton) with 'American' amenities and reliable availability.  The NCL arrangement delivers you to the hotel, and from hotel to pier by coach or shared van, depending on the number of guests.  They don't, in my experience, consider your preferences for quaint, convenient or boutique. Smile!

Finally, *if* the airline changes or cancels your flight, you can then negotiate directly with the airline for a different flight or seats.   We've had two last-minute changes to NCL-booked flights, and the airline would work with us then.  But not until there had been a disruption to the original booking.

Hope you find this helpful.