Mardi Gras vs Horizon for graduation trip

angiem0217

I am taking my niece on a cruise for her graduation along with my son that is 16. I am torn between the Horizon for the Havana area vs the newer Mardi Gras. Anyone that has sailed on both what would you choose for a 17 year old and a 16 year old? I have never sailed on either ship. Have been on Vista twice and really like the havana area but have read its not as nice on Mardi gras. 

We have done both and loved the Havana area on the Horizon, but would pick the Mardi Gras for active young people.  There are so many restaurants that are included with your time dining (my time?), and everything on the ship is bright and shiny.  Bolt would be fun, as is the mini golf course, sports deck, etc.  Plus table shuffleboard in the back area near BBQ.  The shows are different and fun, and we were able to grab good seats about 30 minutes before the shows in the atrium most nights.  There is live music all over the ship and tons of comedy shows.  

But if the kids just want to kick back and hang by the pool all week, then Havana on the Horizon would be the way to go. 

20 minutes ago, lazydayz said:

We have done both and loved the Havana area on the Horizon, but would pick the Mardi Gras for active young people.  There are so many restaurants that are included with your time dining (my time?), and everything on the ship is bright and shiny.  Bolt would be fun, as is the mini golf course, sports deck, etc.  Plus table shuffleboard in the back area near BBQ.  The shows are different and fun, and we were able to grab good seats about 30 minutes before the shows in the atrium most nights.  There is live music all over the ship and tons of comedy shows.  

But if the kids just want to kick back and hang by the pool all week, then Havana on the Horizon would be the way to go. 

thanks for your input. I am the one that wants to hang in Havana haha, but am leaning towards mardi gras for the teens since its her senior trip

• Like 1