Select Dining On Constellation

sasset

My recollection from our last M class cruise, in October 2019, was that Select Dining was in the lower level of the dining room and traditional seating was upstairs. Is that still the case? Specifically Constellation.

• Like 1

We Disembarked Connie on 30 July, and the 5th floor set dining we wanted was basically not available and we were moved onto select dining, probably as there were less than 1500 passengers instead of the capacity 2100. It worked well most nights, there was only 1 night where we had to wait and get a pager. If you want to eat after 8 that’s when it seems to slow down, before that it worked OK

• Like 1

I'm currently on Connie, most dining appears to be on 4, doors to restaurant on 5 have been closed since the first day. 

We're on Anytime dining and only if we arrive before 7.15pm have we been seated, any later and we've queued to get a buzzer then had to wait 15-40 minutes for a table. 

The first night everyone seemed to arrive around 8.40, queue to check in for a table was blocking the stairs. We gave up and went to the buffet and saw a lot of people from the queue had done the same. There were people still waiting for a table at 9.30pm according to the spa staff. 

We were told that there's nearly 2000 guests at one of the shows, but the ship feels understaffed. 

• Like 1

Many thanks for your impression @tkimber. In about 2 weeks we will be on the Connie having chosen anytime dining as well. Makes me a bit nervous to hear that all are cramped in the main dining room. I hope to have a calm atmosphere. I really don‘t like buffets. But we will make the best of our cruise.

So everyone have a nice cruise and enjoy!

I wandered past the entrance to the main restaurant on 5 yesterday and today and it seems to be open earlier in the evening and tables are laid for dining. I think it was either closed that one night, or it closes after the first sitting. 

Since my last post we've been going for dinner between 7 and 7.30, most nights we've been sat immediately, one night we've had to wait almost an hour. Seems to depend on dining options in port at lunch time. 

On 8/9/2022 at 4:00 PM, duncrieviedude said:

We Disembarked Connie on 30 July, and the 5th floor set dining we wanted was basically not available and we were moved onto select dining, probably as there were less than 1500 passengers instead of the capacity 2100. It worked well most nights, there was only 1 night where we had to wait and get a pager. If you want to eat after 8 that’s when it seems to slow down, before that it worked OK

Or just prebook for the time you want. Booking is free go to the Speciality Dining Page, scroll down to the bottom and you will find Selec Dining. You can book as many nights as you want  but you have to do it one night at a time.

57 minutes ago, duncrieviedude said:

I think it only lets you do this if you originally signed up for select dining. We had booked for20:30 dining so this facility wasn’t available and the staff at the select dining entrance will NOT allow you to book

At the entrance usually not, we do it on the website. If X has now confirmed Select and this shows on your reservation you should be able to pre book. Or, if you booked direct phone and ask X's reservations to do it for you.

1 minute ago, brillohead said:

They literally said they did NOT book Select:

When they say 20:30 dining, that means 8:30pm, which means Late Seating Traditional.

If they did not book Select, they won't have the option to reserve times on the website for Select, because they did not book Select... right???

I'm confused. If you go into your account does it show you are now in Select Dining?

If yes go the the Speciality Dining section (I e. the dining you pay extra for). Scroll to the very bottom and you will find Select Dining with the cost shown as Zero. Book for any available time for any date and save it in the basket.

Regrettably you have to book each day separately which is a pain. 

If your booking still shows as Main Dining at 20.30 (8.30) and you are sure you have been changed to Select ask X to amend your booking.

We have never had an issue. Good luck.