Cirque White ball

cantwait0406

We had our "white" ball during Panama cruise on the Summit last Thanksgiving. It was a lot of fun. Most people wore white clothes, including some goofs that wore white bath robes and white boxer shorts under. And a lot of beautiful masks people came up with. Some even brought from home.

It started about 11 pm, we left about 1am and party was still going. If you will have, I recommend not to miss it.

Well, it was White Nights last night and not much participation. EXCEPT----for the one man who asked his butler, and we share the same butler, to bring him some white table napkins. He then proceded to find some rope, and tied one napkin in front, one in back and made another into a mask. Now understand this, that's all he wanted to wear. He asked Ricky, our butler, to take a look and see if this "costume" would be acceptable. Ricky said, " I just wanted to run out of the suite, because this man looked so terrible, but I had to tell him that wearing two napkins isn't appropriate". I guess he opted to wear his bedsheets as a toga instead, thank heaven.

BTW, I went to the shortened Cirque program, and to be honest, it still isn't good. I love the Cirque shows in LV, but this one still isn't that good.

that is just does not work. The Bar at the Edge, the White Night Party, Cirque in the theatre, and the Cirque Shop are too disconnected. I know that X has put a load of money into the concept and is trying to make it work, however, I do not think that the majority of X pax grasp this idea at all.

I hope X can salvage something.....and I hope they get rid of the beds in the Bar at the Edge! The White Night Party seems to be a new take on the old costume party that was popular on ships years ago. The Cirque shop on board is void of any customers much of the time, and the Cirque show in the theatre is well attended, but the show is not really spectacular as are the shows in LV and elsewhere. A lot of people expect it to be (like me), even though it is just a "taste" of Cirque.

Just my opinion.....

Archived