? Boarding at different times but in the same cabin

Several of us are going on LOS 3/25.

I have two cabins booked, one is for the kids and my dh and I are next to them. My son's friend is one of the people in the kids cabin. The reservation is in my name. His parents are also going on the cruise and have the cabin next to the kids on the other side. Do we have to meet up to check in and board together, or if they arrive first will they allow the boy to be checked in even though he's not in the same cabin as his parents?

Sher

I don't know the specific answer to your question. I would encourage you to provide you scenario to RCCL Customer Service to get their answer. I would then have them fax or email you confirmation of the conversation (if they say you can check in at separate times).

My father and Uncle cruise together all the time, and they currently live in different areas of the country. As such, our flight times often do not match up, and they check in at different times w/ different credit cards for their own SeaPass.

The difference is, they are both adults, and both have their own finances. I think the scenario you present, may require you all to check-in togther.

Jay

I recently cruised in September. I was rooming with a friend who had to work that same day and was not checking in till 3 pm. I was arriving with other friends and family about noon. I informed RCCL and they issued separate travel documents for my friend and I. When I checked in I used my credit card and info. When my friend checked in later she used her own. We were each issued our room key.

There were no problems it went very smoothly.

Linda

Can't imagine there would be a problem with people arriving at different times. Have a great trip!

I see a major problem, a child can not check in without their parents unless you have a notarized letter from one of the parents allowing them to go on the cruise with you. Specifics of the letter can be found on Royal's website. You don't need this if the parents are present at the time of boarding. Since he is booked in one of your cabins this is the documentation you would need.

Note: This is a loop hole in Royal's system as I see it. My sister can book her kids in my cabin and I only need a letter from her stating it's ok for her kids to cruise with me but if she books them in her cabin she needs a letter from her x-husband saying it's ok for them to cruise. Granted she would be breaking the custody agreement taking them out of the country if he found out but it can be done. Long story short he refused to let the kids go on the Freedom so she is taking him to court with her cruise money for full custody. :D

BonVoyage

Dawna

I read somewhere that you could have a lot of trouble trying to bring your son's friend without his parents there at the time. I think the article was acrually about children of divorced parents cruising without written approval from the other parent.

You didn't say how old the kids are, but if they are under 18, I would expect difficulties.

Archived