how to get an upgrade/price change

kimberann

Ok we are sailing Destiny on Juen 18th.. we are in an 8C cabin (8159) I would like to know the following:

1. How do we get an upgrade... We are on our honeymoon and it would be great to get up graded to a better room or heck even a suite!!! ;)

2. How do you find out if there has been a price drop??? Should our TA tell us and automatically try and get us shipboard credit??:confused:

3. How do you get to have dinner with the Captain?? My FI was saying it would be cool to have dinner with him/her, and I would love to set that up for one of the formal nights as a surprise.

Thanks in advance for the help!!!

To answer your first/third questions....nobody knows the answer to either of them [i assume you're talking about a free upgrade...your TA may offer you a paid one]. To answer the second, monitor the price on the CCL website. If it drops, notify your TA of that fact. Ask them to check with Carnival to see what they can do on your behalf.

Getting an upgrade is more difficult in the summer months because it is peak season. Ships usually sell out with little discounting.

Make sure your TA enters a comment that it is your honeymoon. That might help for an upgrade. However, when you book a specific cabin, you're probably less likely to be upgraded than if you book a guarantee.

Archived