NCL BLISS Panama Canal January 7, 2023

Seadragon555

I didn't see a thread posted on Gay and Lesbian for this cruise so I am starting one. We are booked on this cruise and was wondering if there are other LGBTQ+ sailors on this cruise. I am John and am traveling with a friend of mine, Rich.  We are already booked for this cruise and it will be wonderful to get out of the cold for 2 weeks in January.

I am not on this cruise, but Ncl always posts in the Daily Program where the Friends of Dorothy group will be meeting.  Sometimes they are in a very loud lounge, or tucked into a back bar area.  Usually go the first few nights to meet everyone, then make arraignments to meet up for drinks somewhere else.  

3 hours ago, 9tee2Sea said:

I am not on this cruise, but Ncl always posts in the Daily Program where the Friends of Dorothy group will be meeting.  Sometimes they are in a very loud lounge, or tucked into a back bar area.  Usually go the first few nights to meet everyone, then make arraignments to meet up for drinks somewhere else.  

When I was on the Epic for a TA the first meeting was in a quiet lounge area but then moved to a bar.  We basically took over the bar every night after that.  It was a lot of fun and got to meet a lot of people.

Have you sailed on the Bliss before?

John

On 8/15/2022 at 9:53 AM, 9tee2Sea said:

Jan 2024 will be my first time on the bliss ( or any BIG ship)  I usually sail on the smaller ships ( about 2400-2900 passengers).

I am like you in that I like the smaller ships, usually Celebrity, but this was an opportunity to view the new locks for the Panama Canal that can accommodate the larger ships so went for it.  The mechanics of the Canal have always fascinated me.

• 2 weeks later...

I still find it hard to believe that Rich and I may be the only two gay men on this cruise.  It's only 134 days until we sail so I would think that others would have already made plans for this trip.  If so please feel free to join in on the conversation.

John