<48 hrs till cousin and I leave home for 1st cruise!!

We have been pinching ourselves all day!! It is finally here!!! We are both 1st time cruisers. Any last minute items or instructions are very much appreciated!!! Woooo Hoooo! Sorry, couldn't help myself....Here we come Galveston!!! :p

lil - you will have a blast!

I'm not sure which ship you are on, but I would imagine any ship is better than no ship!

We took our first cruise 4 years ago and have been on one every year since. I'm sure you'll be equally hooked!

My little tidbits of advice: Get to the port before Noon if you can. You'll be able to get on the ship and check it out before it gets really crowded. Watch out for those little drinks with umbrellas in them they greet you with at the door... they are not FREE! And if the weather is warm in Galveston, wear your swimsuit under your clothes when you embark - no since on waiting for your luggage to arrive to get the vacation started!

Otherwise, just chill and go with the flow! I hope you have a wonderful time!

I went on MY first cruise with my cousin in 1993...Carnival Holiday. It was the most amazing vacation I'd ever taken. In some ways, it still is. Gosh, what a blast we had.....I wish the same for you!!! Have an awesome time!!

Tracy

Texas and Phoenix: Thanks for the well wishes! I was wanting somebody to tell me that, makes it more real ;) !

I do have a question, maybe dumb but we are new-people say the drinks they hand out when you board, do they give you one and then ask for your setsail pass? I imagine it being really crowded and can't picture them going to a machine somewhere on every drink to scan the pass. Can you enlighten me how this is done?

Thanks ahead of time!!!

Texas and Phoenix: Thanks for the well wishes! I was wanting somebody to tell me that, makes it more real ;) !

I do have a question, maybe dumb but we are new-people say the drinks they hand out when you board, do they give you one and then ask for your setsail pass? I imagine it being really crowded and can't picture them going to a machine somewhere on every drink to scan the pass. Can you enlighten me how this is done?

Thanks ahead of time!!!

You just hand them your card, they give you your drink and then they just fill out the ticket by hand. Then they will have you sign it. They don't actually take it to the machine when you are on the pool deck. If you order drinks at a bar, then they will scan your card. It's real easy! Enjoy yourself and can't wait to hear your review; we'll be on Rhapsody in December!! HAVE FUN!! Drink one for me!!!

Tracy-Thanks for sharing your experience! I feel like we are the only two who are on the same page right now, I know people are happy for us but I also am afraid if we don't get gone people will be running when they see us--I can hear it now-Oh No! You are going to get trapped in a cruise conversation!!!!!!!

Thanks!!!! Happy sailing!

Kelly:D

Ranger-I have talked to you sereval times in the past. I think at one time we were booked on the same cruise, but I had to cancel. I appreciate you clearing that up for me....I do have the picture now!!! Just cuz you asked so sweetly, guess that means I will HAVE to have a drink ;)! If it doesn't seem right ;) for you, I will have another!!;) ;)

Thanks!!!!!

Really, I envy you going on your first cruise. I went on my first cruise with a group from our church about 5 months after my first wife passed away. I wasn't really in the mood to go, but I was afraid if I didn't go and do something, I'd die myself. Surprisingly, I had fun. It was the first time I had smiled in a long time. I made a vow that if I ever got married again, we would cruise. I did, five years ago, and we go at least once a year. You will have a blast. I am sure that this will be just the first of many.

Have a wonderful time. I wish I were there. Our first cruise is on Rhapsody in Oct. Please post a review of everything when you get back. Have fun, enjoy yourselves, and have a blast. I wish I were going and can't wait for my 48 hour mark as well. Heck, I can't wait for my one month mark.. ok, my six month mark... you get the jest.

Dona

Thanks everybody for your well wishes! I wish you all were going with us! Hang in there, one day it WILL be your turn!! :) :) Will definitely post when I return! Thanks again!

<24 hours till we leave !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:D :D

I feel like we are the only two who are on the same page right now, I know people are happy for us but I also am afraid if we don't get gone people will be running when they see us--I can hear it now-Oh No! You are going to get trapped in a cruise conversation!!!!!!!

Kelly,

If you think that's the case NOW, God help you, your cousin, and all your friends when you get BACK! ROFL

Have a fantastic time, and have a drink for me when you sail out! My cousin and I were on the ship 10 minutes, met a group of other people (another set of cousins and two guys from NY sailing together) and we all hung out for the rest of the cruise...along with a couple we had met on the plane on the way down! LOL Ahhhh, the memories are all coming back.....cheers to you!

Tracy

We are sailing out the day before you, on Splendour of the Seas. We did Rhapsody two years ago.

You will love Rhapsody. She is a beautiful ship. A word of warning. If you do NOT want to get involved in the Kareoke, do NOT walk through the Schooner Bar when Derek Lewis is playing. He will have anyone who walks in front of him. Derek has a great sense of humor, but a " Take no prisoners attitude" :eek: It's very funny.

The way to avoid walking in front of him is to go into the Schooner Bar from the other side (RT) Either way its great entertainment. The crew is very friendly. It was not our first cruise, but we loved Rhapsody.

Have a wonderful cruise.

Kate

<2 HOURS <2 HOURS >2 HOURS

Everybody-thanks for all the well wishes!! I wouldn't want to single you out zot ;), so I will have a sail away drink for each one of you who posted!:D

christy-See you Monday at our Meet & Mingle, you have a safe trip there also!

Toodles everybody-will post when I return!!!

Hasta LaVista Mon!!:p

Archived