*Honest* Carnival food review!

If you go to my Spirit 10th - 18th August roll call thread, I posted all of my meals and they all included broccoli and butters. Also they probably have me on file because the dessert chef made me keto low carb desserts with Stevia and not Sucralose (Splenda) these options with Stevia did not spike my sugars, those with Sucralose (Splenda) will spike me bad.

Note: that they are now using Equal in their desserts which is even worst with Maltodextrin, Dextrose and Aspartame, so those with Neuropathy issues, stay away from their Sugar Free desserts in the buffet, those will only cause more issues for diabetics and possibly flare up your neuropathy pains.

Fred

8190AE6F-18C1-4860-9098-EF6DB51FDF3E.jpeg

D781A841-B67F-4C40-900A-F5C55A5CE5F3.jpeg

• 1 year later...
On 8/19/2022 at 3:08 PM, Wennfred said:

If you go to my Spirit 10th - 18th August roll call thread, I posted all of my meals and they all included broccoli and butters. Also they probably have me on file because the dessert chef made me keto low carb desserts with Stevia and not Sucralose (Splenda) these options with Stevia did not spike my sugars, those with Sucralose (Splenda) will spike me bad.

Note: that they are now using Equal in their desserts which is even worst with Maltodextrin, Dextrose and Aspartame, so those with Neuropathy issues, stay away from their Sugar Free desserts in the buffet, those will only cause more issues for diabetics and possibly flare up your neuropathy pains.

Fred

Thanks for the info. I think I'll take my BS meter and test after eating anything sugar-free. That way I won't repeat if it has large impact.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, DeniseTr said:

Thanks for the info. I think I'll take my BS meter and test after eating anything sugar-free. That way I won't repeat if it has large impact.

Hi Denise, today I use a FreeStyle Libre Continuous Glucose Monitor (CGM) the sensor on your arm transmits glucose levels to your phone via Bluetooth. So I can see live whatever impact a so called sugar free dessert has on me.

Let me know if you need more info on getting one to try out. The Abbott website has a free voucher for 1 free sensor but you will still need to have your PCP send in the prescription. I use Costco as they are the cheapest in price.

Edited by Wennfred

Posted (edited)
22 minutes ago, Wennfred said:

Hi Denise, today I use a FreeStyle Libre Continuous Glucose Monitor (CGM) the sensor on your arm transmits glucose levels to your phone via Bluetooth. So I can see live whatever impact a so called sugar free dessert has on me.

Let me know if you need more info on getting one to try out. The Abbott website has a free voucher for 1 free sensor but you will still need to have your PCP send in the prescription. I use Costco as they are the cheapest in price.

I've had one before, but requires a prescription, and kind of expensive. (I liked it)

I've got my A1C from 7.1 to 5.9 using diet alone, so really don't need it constantly, just occasional checks.

Edited by DeniseTr
Error
  • Like 1

Awesome, I joined Virta Health 4 years ago and they help reverse my diabetes and all complications like neuropathy, blurred vision, heart palpitations and Stage 2 CKD is all gone and in one year.  No longer on any medications. Food is Medicine.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, DeniseTr said:

Thanks for the info. I think I'll take my BS meter and test after eating anything sugar-free. 

Ok - I have to  say at first pass, given the title of the thread... I didn't think blood sugar for BS meter. 😂

• Haha 4

7 hours ago, Wennfred said:

Awesome, I joined Virta Health 4 years ago and they help reverse my diabetes and all complications like neuropathy, blurred vision, heart palpitations and Stage 2 CKD is all gone and in one year.  No longer on any medications. Food is Medicine.

Yea, I did Virta cuz employer paid for it, including testing supplies, but I didn't really need them, they are a watered down version of what I was already doing. (But a major step forward for Diabetes care in general)

• Like 1

On 8/17/2022 at 9:14 PM, ohioNCLcruiser said:

Thanks for sharing your feedback. I agree about the sandwiches being the specialty of Carnival's food. I think when people say they weren't able to find anything to eat onboard they mainly mean it didn't live up to their expectations compared to other cruise line's food quality. 

I always think they want seafood every night free of charge no upsell