Contents of Minifridge?

No, the cokes in the mini frige are not included in the coke card. Just got off the Mariner and they did honor it at dinner in the dining room. The mini frige in the room has 2 cokes, 2 diet cokes, 2 sprites, 2 bottled waters and 2 fru fru bottled waters, a couple of snickers, m&m's and maybe another candy bar. The previous poster is correct, $1.50 each for the cokes. I don't remember about the candy, but I think it was the same. There is plenty of room in the frige to put a bottle of wine or champagne. We brought a bottle of moet with us on board and put it in the frige with no problems.

Is the fridge restocked during the cruise? If so, how often? Also, I have read that you can ask for the fridge to be emptied by the cabin steward--anyone care to share their experiences about actually asking the steward to do this?

Yes, your room steward will re-stock your frige. Yes, you can ask them to remove everything as well. They don't stock it slam full so it isn't a problem, they are happy to remove it. We actually used ours this time though. We probably had 4 or 5 cokes and late one night DH had some m&m's. ; ) It is very convenient and the prices are not any more than anywhere else on the ship.

Is it true also that its one of those sensor fridges where if you just pick up the item and look at it, then put it back you are still charged for the item? I think this was the case on the Navigator, but its been a few years.

Is it true also that its one of those sensor fridges where if you just pick up the item and look at it, then put it back you are still charged for the item? I think this was the case on the Navigator, but its been a few years.

It was not the case on the Mariner.

I know in some hotels the price of the pops and water are far more than what you would pay at the bar. Are the things in the fridge the same price as everywhere on the ship? I was under the impression everything was higher priced in the fridge and if you moved it you were charged. If it is the same price as the rest of the ship I am would be very happy to use what is in there.

Archived