Help Comparing RCCL and CCL, Please

We just got back from Glory (check out my review a few pages back) and we're talking about our next cruise. We've been on three Carnival cruises (Ecstacy, Destiny, Glory) and on RCCL (Sovereign). We liked some things about CCL and some about RCCL and we're trying to decide which to choose for our next cruise. I'm curious as to whether some of the things I didn't like so much on Sovereign are different on newer larger RCCL ships. My main questions are the following:

Are the staterooms on RCCL really small? On Sovereign, we generally had plenty of space in the cabin, but I remember climbing over my husband to get ot of bed in the middle of the night. Are cabins on the newer RCCL ships larger (I mean for a standard inside or oceanview cabin) or better-arranged?

The daytime casual eating choices were very limited on SOS - I love the deli, pizza, Asian and grill on Carnival and don't care for "cafeteria-type" food at lunch. Do the newer RCCL ships have more choices?

Wow, I guess those are the only two concerns. Can anyone who has cruised both lines help?

Thanks!

Anne

Glory 5/1/04

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=0000ff&cdt=2004;5;1;17;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500

Cabins are larger on the Voyager class than they are on SOS.

Daytime eating choices not as extensive as CCL but better than SOS.

However, the "Windjammer" offers a much nicer buffet in the evening. Table cloths, table service.

If prices are competitive, flip a coin.

Altho if the price were the same I'd probably pick CCL unless the ports made a diff.

Dan

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=0000ff&cdt=2004;9;5;16;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500

Till 9/5 Paradise Panama Canal

Archived