Canopy Tour & Camera Equipment

ThorKY

I am looking into taking my kids on the canopy tour in PV, but I want to be sure that I can bring along my professional camera equipment. I could either bring it all in my backpack, or I could just bring the camera & a lense. Would I be able to do either of these on the tour?:confused:

We took the Vallarta Adventures Canopy Tour in January, and no cameras were allowed on the actual zip line tour. We had to put all our personal belongings in a huge duffel bag, which they stored for us till the tour was complete. It would be too difficult to manage a camera anyway. They videotaped the experience and you could buy a copy at the end. We were able to take pictures before and after the actual experience.

Thanks everyone for the responses. For those of you who took the Los Veranos tour, do you know if you would be able to carry a backpack with you as you go on the cables, or should I leave that on the ship & just bring the camera & lense?:confused:

Thanks everyone for the responses. For those of you who took the Los Veranos tour, do you know if you would be able to carry a backpack with you as you go on the cables, or should I leave that on the ship & just bring the camera & lense?:confused:

Didn't do Los Veranos so don't know how helpful this is, but El Eden allowed a "small" backpack.

Los Vernos would let you bring a back pack if you wanted, but they also offer free lockers to use. We carried cameras and took photos of each other on the lines. You wouldn't be able to use the camera yourself while on the lines, you need both hands on the handles.......althought their camera man was very comfortable shooting video and not holding on at all. There are some very great views on the ride up to the lines from the office, be sure to get a seat on the right (passenger side) of the transport.

I have a few of our photo's posted here...

http://community.webshots.com/user/NCLCruiser

Margaret

Thanks Margaret,

Your photos look great. Is there a reason that you only took shots from the first landing? Were you limited by anything after that? I assume that you enjoyed this excursion & would recommend it...right?

:confused:

How far up are you??I am a little squimish with heights. I heard don't worry about it.......but am still afraid. Were there any kids??? My daughter is 11 and I am not sure she could hold on.

Macowoman

Thanks Margaret,

Your photos look great. Is there a reason that you only took shots from the first landing? Were you limited by anything after that? I assume that you enjoyed this excursion & would recommend it...right?

:confused:

The first line is the shortest and the easiest for photo taking, this is where they take your photo's as well......charging about $10 for a 5 x 7 I believe. I did take other photos on different lines, but found them a bit blurry since you are going a higher speeds on the lines.

We have done the zip lines twice with Los Vernos, and once in either Belize or Roatan. We love the zip lines, and find Los Vernos to be the safest. Los Vernos gives a safety briefing before you get up to the lines, and explain exactly what position you need to be in and what hand signals to look for from the guides on the platforms as you come in for a landing.

There were several kids in our group, which had about 16 people in it. They seemed to be enjoying it as much as the rest of us. My daughter did her first zip lines when she was 13.

Archived