Certificate of Recovery timing question.

VCR

After just one week of school, my daughter tested positive on a home test yesterday.  I am taking her for a PCR test tomorrow so that I can get her a COR.  I want to wait until Tuesday for my husband and I to take one (negative at home) to give it more time if we are going to get it.  If we are leaving Sept. 3, is Tuesday considered the  11 days before the cruise we need?  The timing on this stinks, but we haven't given up hope yet.

1 hour ago, VCR said:

After just one week of school, my daughter tested positive on a home test yesterday.  I am taking her for a PCR test tomorrow so that I can get her a COR.  I want to wait until Tuesday for my husband and I to take one (negative at home) to give it more time if we are going to get it.  If we are leaving Sept. 3, is Tuesday considered the  11 days before the cruise we need?  The timing on this stinks, but we haven't given up hope yet.

I can't answer your specific question, but I just wondered.  Is there any problem taking your daughter out of school for a cruise right after school has started?  I know when my kids were younger and in school, it was so difficult to take them out of school even when it was toward the end of the school year.  

11 minutes ago, jerseygirl3 said:

I can't answer your specific question, but I just wondered.  Is there any problem taking your daughter out of school for a cruise right after school has started?  I know when my kids were younger and in school, it was so difficult to take them out of school even when it was toward the end of the school year.  

Completely sidetracked the OP's topic, but we've taken ours out of school for vacations on multiple occasions. You just tell them she'll be gone X dates. You'll get some schools and teachers who want to stamp their feet and act like missing a week is detrimental to their education and they can't miss, but there's not much they can really do. K-12 at least. College they'll just fail them. lol

• Like 1

No problem getting her out of school.  It is 4 days because of the holiday, but it literally takes this school 3 or 4 weeks just to straighten out schedule changes.  

They are out this Tuesday, so she will only miss 2 days this week, because according to the school she can go back after five days as long as no fever and feeling better.  She is vaxed and boosted.

4 hours ago, VCR said:

That is the same schedule we were told to follow.  In our case, sail day is August 28, day 11 was  8/17.

Our group of 7 was exposed on 7/31. 2 people started testing positive on 8/8.  Every few days someone else would start showing symptoms.  We were on pins and needles that we would get all the pcr tests in time but luckily, our last person did their pcr test on day 12 (11/16) and  it was positive. Now we all have certificates of recovery.  I must say, it does take the pressure off knowing we are all going to get on the ship next weekend without having to worry about testing again.

15 minutes ago, cruise_co said:

That is the same schedule we were told to follow.  In our case, sail day is August 28, day 11 was  8/17.

Our group of 7 was exposed on 7/31. 2 people started testing positive on 8/8.  Every few days someone else would start showing symptoms.  We were on pins and needles that we would get all the pcr tests in time but luckily, our last person did their pcr test on day 12 (11/16) and  it was positive. Now we all have certificates of recovery.  I must say, it does take the pressure off knowing we are all going to get on the ship next weekend without having to worry about testing again.

Is there a form letter your Dr can follow? My husband and I just recently tested positive by a Walgreens PCR test so I think a COR would be easier for us for our cruise in mid September. 

22 minutes ago, cruise_co said:

Where did you get your certificate of recovery?  I'm not sure how easy it will be to get from my doctor if I need an appointment.  I'll have to call tomorrow but would like other options.

13 minutes ago, Jerseygirl1416 said:

Is there a form letter your Dr can follow? My husband and I just recently tested positive by a Walgreens PCR test so I think a COR would be easier for us for our cruise in mid September. 

1. https://www.royalcaribbean.com/faq/questions/if-recovered-from-covid-19-need-to-be-vaccinated-or-take-a-test-to-sail
  3. A certified medical health certificate from a doctor stating that you have fully recovered from COVID-19. It must meet the following requirements:
    • Official letterhead from a healthcare provider, public health official or telehealth provider showing:
      • Their name
      • Their address
      • Their phone number
      • Confirmation of your recovery and completion of isolation 
    • Must be typed (not handwritten) and signed by the provider
    • Must confirm the sample collection date of the positive PCR test, which must be a minimum of 11 days and a maximum of 90 days before the departure date of your cruise
  4. A positive result document for a COVID-19 PCR test taken a minimum of 11 days and a maximum of 90 days before the departure date of your cruise. An antigen test result will not be accepted with a Certificate of Recovery. The test results document from your test provider must include the name of the lab that processed the test, the lab’s CLIA Lab Number or Certification Number, the address of the lab, your name, the date the test was taken, type of test, and your positive result. This can be a printed document, email, or telehealth app notification. Fully handwritten doctor’s notes (such as those written on a prescription pad) will not be accepted. Minimal handwritten components (such as a check mark on a “positive” box) are acceptable as long as the other required information is printed on the document.
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, VCR said:

Where did you get your certificate of recovery?  I'm not sure how easy it will be to get from my doctor if I need an appointment.  I'll have to call tomorrow but would like other options.

Several of us used our primary care physicians.  My husband, daughter and I had to do a telehealth appointment and they sent over the letter immediately after in our patient portal.

Others used mdeverywhere.com

1 minute ago, cruise_co said:

Several of us used our primary care physicians.  My husband, daughter and I had to do a telehealth appointment and they sent over the letter immediately after in our patient portal.

Others used mdeverywhere.com

Thank you.

19 hours ago, VCR said:

No problem getting her out of school.  It is 4 days because of the holiday, but it literally takes this school 3 or 4 weeks just to straighten out schedule changes.  

They are out this Tuesday, so she will only miss 2 days this week, because according to the school she can go back after five days as long as no fever and feeling better.  She is vaxed and boosted.

Once our kids were in high school, they were not allowed to take off more than 3 consecutive school days without a doctor's note. 

7 hours ago, jerseygirl3 said:

Once our kids were in high school, they were not allowed to take off more than 3 consecutive school days without a doctor's note. 

Doctor, the school has told me I can't go on this vacation and it is stressing me out. 

Doctor: heres a note for a mental health break