Favorite no-fee, not-to-miss meals on Spirit?

D+D

I’ve read a lot of great posts on meals you can do without (Caribbean night seems to head up these), and even favorite meals as a whole (surcharge included) – but what I’d really like to know – so I can truly feel like I've covered all the bases to plan my visits to the surcharge restaurants is:

What were your favorite no-fee, not-to-miss meals on Spirit? Not just in the main dining halls, but anywhere/everywhere.

Thanks,

D

-----------------------

anxiously awaiting – NCL Spirit, 9/06, Caribbean/Bermuda

Celebrity Horizon, 9/04, Bermuda

Carnival Inspiration, 9/97, Southern Caribbean

If you like spicy, here's the dinner for you:

La Trattoria--one of the menu choices is pasta (choice of several) with sauce (choice of about 5 or 6). I can never remember the name of the one we loved both on the Dawn and on the Spitit, but it is a red sauce that is spicy. You may know which that one would be by the names (which I did), but if not, ask your server. It is absolutely delish.

I love it with the ziti. And a caesar salad. With the appetizer of fresh mozzarella and roasted red peppers (or was it tomatoes ...)

Making myself hungry now ...!:eek:

On the Spirit (at least on the AK cruises) they served fish and chips in Henry's Pub on the 2 at sea days. Only for about 2 hours, but as far as I'm concerned, it's a DO NOT MISS.

Hikini:D

The fresh baked soft pretzels at the Bier Garten are great for a snack.

The fish and chips at Henry's Pub are a great at sea lunch.

Ice cream being served on the pool deck is what my doctors orders after sunbathing in the heat.

Q. What is the most unknown and least reviewed place?

A. The Cafe is the haven for a special craving. Here, delicious pastries, desserts, and coffees are provided for a small charge.

I wish these deserts and pastries were free.....But you can't have everything for nothing.

La Trattoria--I can never remember the name of the one we loved both on the Dawn and on the Spitit, but it is a red sauce that is spicy.

Arrabbiata sauce, which means "angry" in Italian.

I also really like spicy Puttanesca sauce, but I won't translate that one. :)

Archived