Iona - Skydome - Winter use?

Reef Dreamer

Sorry if this has been asked before but I can't seem to find anything through the usual searches.

We are considering a cruise on Iona in February and just wondered how warm/useable the skydome, plus pools,  are in the heart of winter? It seems a valuable asset and I assume it's warm enough for the pools and use of the loungers, but just thought I would check. I guess it also gets busy.

Any feedback/suggestions would be great.

Thanks

2 minutes ago, Reef Dreamer said:

Sorry if this has been asked before but I can't seem to find anything through the usual searches.

We are considering a cruise on Iona in February and just wondered how warm/useable the skydome, plus pools,  are in the heart of winter? It seems a valuable asset and I assume it's warm enough for the pools and use of the loungers, but just thought I would check. I guess it also gets busy.

Any feedback/suggestions would be great.

Thanks

Having sailed to the Canaries in February I can assure you the Skydome is warm in the winter. Sunbeds and comfy chairs and pool well used.

2 minutes ago, Bobblehat71 said:

The skydome pool is fine all year round. I was on there in March. It does get very,very busy though.

Annoyingly most of the seating and beds are taken up by people not using the pool.

Where else do you sit ? Silly to say it should be for pool users only. What about the open deck pools in the summer ? Same criteria ? I don't think so.

• Like 1