when does "spring break" generally fall?

My childrens schools have spring break starting this coming Monday ,March 13th for the entire week.

We live in Texas..All school districts are a little different.

Colleges also have different spring breaks.

Our cruise in on April 23th..Hopefully all spring breaks will be over before then.

You have to figure in college spring breaks too so best to say it's around Easter plus or minus 4 weeks and that should be your safe haven for booking without a lot of kids on board.

And our break in another part of MN is March 27 thru April 3.

Here is a link to a great website that another CC'er had posted in the past. It shows when major colleges/universities are on break.

http://www.tripsmarter.com/panamacity/springbreak/sbcalendar2.htm

I don't think you'll ever avoid all the kids...but maybe that link can help avoid the 'peak' times.

We are from Ga. and we'll be on the Glory 4/1 - 4/8 on our break.

Art, I couldn't help noticing your profile. I see you are on our cruise. How old are your kids? Ourse are 8 and 4. Also, my husband is an engineer, too :) Lots of things in common, LOL

We are from Long Island, NY and our spring break vary's by school. They are either 4/10 and some are the week of 4/17.

My daughter is out 4/10.

We are going on Destiny 4/19/06 can't wait 38 days away!!!

that the majority of college kids can't afford to cruise for a week, unless it's with their parents? I've seen it "rumored" on here that most kids go on shorter cruises.:confused:

I like kids, but not when there are hundreds of 16-20 year olds, rowdy and trying to get bombed out of their minds on my vacation, LOL. :D And don't get me wrong, I love little kids, (I have 2 of my own, and I'm an inhome child care provider), it's just when DH and I can get away every few years, I prefer it to be with adults.

Archived