50 days until we sail!

CineGraphic

I can't tell you how excited these two Princess loyalists are about our upcoming back 2 back sailings on the Scarlett Lady.

We know it's going to be totally different from anything we've experienced from other lines, and that in itself is enough to get us fired up, and ready to go.

One big difference pre-cruise is that our roll calls have been mostly silent.

We're used to active roll calls, meet & greets, slot pulls, etc, but that's OK. Change is good.

The new status match program will make things even more fun.

That's if they intend on matching with Princess Cruises, as they're not currently listed in the status match program.

I'm hoping it's an oversight, and have asked for clarification since the other lines owned by Carnival are on the list.

We're really hoping that Key West remains a port of call for us, as the last time we were there was on our very first cruise in 2001.

13 hours ago, CineGraphic said:

We're really hoping that Key West remains a port of call for us, as the last time we were there was on our very first cruise in 2001.

Should be, barring any weird weather conditions/storms.  They started going there in June of this year and have only rejiggered one sailing in January, and they were told it was due to another ship already docking there (guessing it's one of the residential/condo ships that uses the same dock)

1 minute ago, _tacocat_ said:

Should be, barring any weird weather conditions/storms.  They started going there in June of this year and have only rejiggered one sailing in January, and they were told it was due to another ship already docking there (guessing it's one of the residential/condo ships that uses the same dock)

Someone posted elsewhere that VV recently removed KW from another sailing, as only ships with less than 1500 passengers can dock there, so if your sailing fills up, KW is out.

5 hours ago, rebeccac said:

When I look at the information on the loyalty program, I see that they will match Princess Platinum and Elite.  

On the sign up page yesterday , it was not in the drop down list of programs.

In fact, I just checked again. Here's a screen shot.

1035402311_ScreenShot2022-08-31at12_25_58PM.thumb.png.7dbf233e580e57867b5c4f8c2f933882.png

4 minutes ago, CineGraphic said:

Someone posted elsewhere that VV recently removed KW from another sailing, as only ships with less than 1500 passengers can dock there, so if your sailing fills up, KW is out.

i saw that too, but they have to be on that same january one, which was changed a while back.  there are 2 versions of the fire & sunset voyages in the filter.  if you check the first one's box, that's the nassau version, and it's only the 1 january 2 voyage.  it's gotta be because someone else is using the pier on january 3.

https://www.virginvoyages.com/book/voyage-planner/find-a-voyage?cabins=1&currencyCode=USD&fromDate=2022-08-31&sailors=2&selectedPackages=4NBB&toDate=2024-04-30

21 minutes ago, CineGraphic said:

Pier assignments are made well over a year, many times two or more years before sailing.

the cruise ship regulations were preempted by the FL government - VV was just trying to be a responsible corporate citizen and work out the best way to get to KW vs. just barreling through with their plans.  either way, i believe the proposal was to limit any vessel with a pax capacity (not occupancy) of 1,300+ from entering, which is obviously not the case when there are 4,500+ pax capacity carnival ships docking there now.

it looks like scarlet was actually initially scheduled to arrive in KW on january 4, but silver dawn is now slated to be there that day.  the pier that they dock at is privately operated, so the operating company can probably do whatever it wants with respect to rejiggering arrivals if a more lucrative one pops up that will offset whatever penalties they'd have to pay to cancel another arrival.