Island Jeep Off Road Snorkel Experience

teresapink

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

Never got a reply on this message prior to my cruise, so I wanted to let anyone who might be interested in this excursion the info.

We booked the Island Jeep Tour and Snorkling through RCI. It was an absolute blast. It is the same as the DUne Buggy Tour, with exception of the vehicles.

First stop was snorkling, you stopped off at house/spa place to get equipment and instruction. YOu walk across the street to get a little more instruction (wear shoes to the beach, it is made up of broken shells and bottle glass), then off into the water. This was my 5th or 6th time snorkling, but learned something new to the guide this time around. The snorkling was a little disappointing, as there just wasn't alot of coral for the fish to hang around. It was good for the 1st timers in the group. When finished back to the house for our stuff and back into the Jeeps.

We drove through a part of town, then to the Pee Pee Station for a potty break and shopping break, then back into the Jeep to the other part of the island for some beach time.

When we arrived at the private beach the Dune Buggys were there ahead of use and another Jeep Tour also. SO we headed to the beach for some swimming, then once some food. THe Mexican spread was good (my DH didn't like it, but it wasn't steak and FF), Played some Volleyball and beach time.

Then it was time to head back to the Jeep. WE stayed on the road going around the island for a while, the coast is just. Then off to the side of the road the guide took us for some off roading. It was a blast, my DH loved it. Included some small hill climbing and driving through puddles. It was an absolute BLAST!!!! We would do this excursion or the Dune Buggies next time we are in Cozumel, way too much fun.

At this point it was time to head back, we stared the excursion about noon and finished up at 5:30 pm.

For me, anytime I tender it is worth it for me to pay the extra for a ship excursion, we had a couple who booked the excursion on line and was with our group. We returned to the RCI dock and 5:30 pm, they needed to be downtown to catch their last tender to their ship at 5:30pm, hope they made it, they were on the Carnival Conquest.

Archived