Free WiFi

marymount

There is free wi-fi near the ferry dock.  It is Bermuda free wi-fi and offers 3 hours of free access.  We didn't use it all at once and were able to log on more than once.  You do have to supply your name and e-mail address.  As long as there are not too many people logged on it is decently fast.

• Like 2

It's easy to find--just look for the crew members congregating.  There is a canopy which was handy when there was a bit of rain.  Before the 8 am ferry it was easy to get on, probably any time early in the day.  I expect crew members are probably there en masse late at night.  When it was busy, I had to keep filling in the required info a few times before finally getting in.

• Thanks 1

I don't bother looking for free Wifi anymore, I use the $10 a day travel passes my carrier offers which gives me cell service everywhere in Bermuda. And it is secure. When I did look for hotspots it was available at most restaurants. Just ask for the password. For example at the Frog and Onion at the Dockyard or Flanigans in Hamilton. 

Edited by Charles4515
  • Like 2

21 hours ago, Charles4515 said:

I don't bother looking for free Wifi anymore, I use the $10 a day travel passes my carrier offers which gives me cell service everywhere in Bermuda. And it is secure. When I did look for hotspots it was available at most restaurants. Just ask for the password. For example at the Frog and Onion at the Dockyard or Flanigans in Hamilton. 

We used our Travel Pass with our cell service provider as well.  We hadn't done it before but once we found a spot to get the initial good reception for the 4G, we had pretty reliable service. 

• Like 1

On 9/12/2022 at 12:51 PM, mcmarya said:

It's easy to find--just look for the crew members congregating.  There is a canopy which was handy when there was a bit of rain.  Before the 8 am ferry it was easy to get on, probably any time early in the day.  I expect crew members are probably there en masse late at night.  When it was busy, I had to keep filling in the required info a few times before finally getting in.

So we have to find someone to give us the wifi access?

Is there a sign to look for or just a canopy?

19 minutes ago, KATHYMAC68 said:

So we have to find someone to give us the wifi access?

Is there a sign to look for or just a canopy?

The way it worked a few years ago and probably still does is that a log on page will come up when you access the wifi. You fill that out for access. Back when I tried it than the wifi did not work very well. They may have improved it. I don't bother with it any more since I can get a travel pass for $10 a day. In the old day roaming cost a lot more. Now I have internet anywhere on the island. The canopy has cover so the crew members hang out there. Crew members don't get free wifi so they look for free wifi. 

Edited by Charles4515
  • Like 1