Aruba, Curacao beach facilities

georgiacat

We will be cruising the ABC islands soon for the first time.  I have scheduled ship tours that include a tour of the island and short beach time, Eagle Beach (Aruba) and Mambo Beach (Curacao).  If you have visited these beaches recently, what are the facilities (bathroom/changing rooms) like?  Is it better to wear the swimsuit under the clothing (convenient) or to change into swimsuit at the beach (more comfortable for tour, time consuming).  

I think I have read that you could stay at the beach beyond the bus pick up time and catch a taxi back to town/ship.  Is that true?  Is it easy to grab one?  I am aware of the no sand or wet swimsuits on the bus or taxi rule.

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/9/2022 at 7:27 AM, georgiacat said:

We will be cruising the ABC islands soon for the first time.  I have scheduled ship tours that include a tour of the island and short beach time, Eagle Beach (Aruba) and Mambo Beach (Curacao).  If you have visited these beaches recently, what are the facilities (bathroom/changing rooms) like?  Is it better to wear the swimsuit under the clothing (convenient) or to change into swimsuit at the beach (more comfortable for tour, time consuming).  

I think I have read that you could stay at the beach beyond the bus pick up time and catch a taxi back to town/ship.  Is that true?  Is it easy to grab one?  I am aware of the no sand or wet swimsuits on the bus or taxi rule.

If you booked with the ship, there will be arrangements made for chairs and bathroom facilities. It's also easy to get a taxi at either beach to get back. The Weighs is easy to use. That's usually our transportation when we're in Aruba. Google them, and there's plenty of information to answer all your questions. Both ports are a bit of a walk from the taxi drop off and the bus. Allow at least 20 minutes for that.

On 9/17/2022 at 8:15 AM, CaliforniaAC said:

If you booked with the ship, there will be arrangements made for chairs and bathroom facilities. It's also easy to get a taxi at either beach to get back. The Weighs is easy to use. That's usually our transportation when we're in Aruba. Google them, and there's plenty of information to answer all your questions. Both ports are a bit of a walk from the taxi drop off and the bus. Allow at least 20 minutes for that.

Auto corrector gets me again! The BUS is easy to use. Arubus. 😊