On Board Summit: Glad I Didn’t Upgrade to Premium Beverage

pickypicky

2 hours ago, sandbug2 said:

Confirming- no corkage fee if you have a classic package?  Also- anyone happen to know how much sparkling water is- I drink it a lot, and would purchase the upgrade if it made sense.

Many thanks!!

Not sure the difference between regular water and Premium Package sparkling water, but if you drink a lot of sparkling, it just might be worth the upgrade to premium and leave your own wine at home.

On 9/9/2022 at 8:55 PM, letsgogogo said:

I do think many people forfeit a chance to discover other interesting* and wonderful wines by insisting on the specific bottle they want. Decoy wines…. Very nice but nothing unique about them. They are high quality mass produced wines in a very popular style. But the ship is full of so much variety. Surely it’s a matter of asking and pressing. I have read tons of celebrity reviews this summer where the somm opened something typically sold by the bottle to pour by the glass on the premium bev package. 

I was on Apex in May, the first cruise after the April TA. At a wine tasting the cellar master was telling some of us about their woes on the TA - they had run completely out of some wines that were their typical pkg wines, and were starting to make big inroads into some of the better wines that were available in smaller amounts. I didn’t hear all of what was said, but it sounded like they were going to get restocked, but supply would be an issue for some time going forward - she just didn’t know what the next months would look like.

The other problem is staffing - sommeliers were super busy, even with a little over half full ship. If you show an interest in wine, they will do their best, and if you are upfront with the sommelier about willingness to try different things, they will get you something. I would be hesitant to press, though and understanding of their situation- if Total Wine is running low, the ship will be running low, LOL.

I don’t like to bring wine onboard, I’d rather be introduced to new wine onboard, but our upcoming trip, we may pick up a few bottles in Italy, using this concern as an opportunity to try some wines we will never be able to get at home, hopefully for a good price!

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, cangelmd said:

I would be hesitant to press, though and understanding of their situation-

I think I wasn’t clear. What I mean is, if they are refusing to serve anything other than classic package wines and you paid for a premium package…pressing for their opening up options on the bottle list to pour by the glass for your package as a substitute. I totally get it’s not the staffs fault regarding availability. But if celebrity is going to sell “premium” they need to flex and open “extra premium” wine if they run out of premium…. Or proactively refund the price difference between classic and premium.