Trip insurance for cruise and pre cruise travel in Europe

dleahy4444

3 minutes ago, terrydtx said:

You need to check with your policy, not all Aetna Medicare Advantage plans cover international travel. I know our Aetna Advantage plan has no coverage outside the US.  Medical costs are just a small part of potential costs from getting sick overseas. You still need to have a good travel insurance plan that covers any non-medical costs.

I just looked it up when I saw HappyCamper48's post and my Florida Aetna Medicare Advantage Plan does cover international travel. As does Janet's Florida Blue Plan.

We use Chase sapphire Reserve for cancellation and interruption.

Need to think about whether we can drop Geo Blue Coverage. 

30 minutes ago, terrydtx said:

You need to check with your policy, not all Aetna Medicare Advantage plans cover international travel. I know our Aetna Advantage plan has no coverage outside the US.  Medical costs are just a small part of potential costs from getting sick overseas. You still need to have a good travel insurance plan that covers any non-medical costs. Our 4 nights of hotel costs last week while my wife was in Covid quarantine in Venice Italy were almost $1500 not including meals. My wife was in one room while I was in another since I didn't have Covid. Our travel insurance will cover this, while our total out of pocket medical costs were $42 for cough syrup on the cruise ship, which the insurance will also cover.

A significant point for those who depend on credit card insurance instead of a comprehensive travel policy. Those who rely on their credit card benefits need to be clear about what it covers and willing to accept the financial responsibility for the gaps.