Learned Something About Upgrading WiFi

grobma

TL/dr: Use your email address to log into the NCL website - not a username. If you use a username, switch to email in the "My Profile" section

Booked my next cruise last week and went to add a few items via the website (e.g. spa pass, pre-pay service charges) including the upgrade to Unlimited Premium WiFi. Everything went through fine except the WiFi upgrade (NCL took my money, but then had to process a refund). Once the refund got processed I called and spoke to an agent rather than go back through the website. She had trouble adding it as well. It turned out that it was because I was still using a username to log into the NCL website. Once she changed it to my email address, it went through just fine. I suspect it may have to do with how one then logs into the WiFi once on board (i.e. using your email address).

I remember seeing in the "My Profile" section an option to switch from using my username to my email address to log in. That option is no longer there now that it has been switched.

Hope this is helpful to others!

4 minutes ago, wtang said:

Thanks, good to know. When you say "upgrading WiFi" do you mean were able to upgrade the free WiFi from the Free At Sea perk to Unlimited Premium WiFi by logging in and paying extra on NCL.com?

Correct!

• Like 1

I had to change to email login last year.

Also, if you wish to upgrade your free wifi, wait until you are onboard. Do not login and use any of the minutes on the first day. Wait until the next morning and you will get a bigger discount. It only applies on that day so don't wait any longer.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1