Chops plus 1 package

Marie2

Does anyone know how the chops plus 1 package works? We had single reservations for day 1 and day 5 but I canceled those and booked this package as it saves 45.00. I selected a res time on day 1. Do we just go to the restaurant of our choice when we get there to make the second res? Is there a chance the dinner will be sold out? Is day 1 chops?  (It didn’t specify). Just curious how this package worked out for others. 

With the packages I've never had the first booking ever exist when on board - so your best bet is to go straight to chops or another speciality restauranbt on boarding and book both visits (you can book any speciality restaurant from one). Being booked out is extremely unlikely as they keep slots free for the trip, but the sooner you get there the more choice you'll have.

• Thanks 1

My experience with this same package was different on Anthem. They booked two restaurants for me, Chops in the date and time I had selected (I don't know if it was just a coincidence or by design) and another one the day after in another restaurant (if I recall it was Jamie's). When I got to my cabin there was a paper in there showing reserved times and restaurants.  I didn't want Jamie's, so I just went straight to one of the specialty restaurants (any one will do) and changed the reservation to Wonderland.

One thing to keep in mind is that this was right after boarding, as soon as I saw which reservations had been made, so there were still some slots available. The next day, however, I wanted to change the time I had booked in Wonderlands so I could watch a show that had been rescheduled and it was all booked up already. I just showed up at Wonderland by the time I wanted that day and asked the hostess if there was any seat available. She replied there wasn't, but that I could wait fifteen minutes and if anyone didn't show up she could seat me. I stayed at the Bionic Bar right in front of Wonderland and alas, someone didn't show up and I got the time I wanted. Turns out, from my experience in that cruise, that several people book slots in specialty restaurants and never show up, because all the time I was both there and at Chops they were far from being full despite being all booked up all the time.

• Thanks 1

We are pretty flexible with the days. We just wanted our second restaurant to be at Giovanni’s table. Since the only other contender would be Izumi’s, we could be ok with that if we had to be. Does anyone know if the specialty restaurants are open to make reservations before we have access to our staterooms? I was just planning to stop in after we board but I wasn’t sure if anyone would be there until after we set sail.