Photo CD's

renned

icon_razz.gif Hi, I was just wondering if you can put your pictures on a cd on the ship? I take a zillion pictures and I don't want to have to go buy more media cards. Are the ships internet computers capable of doing this? This will be my husband's and my first cruise. Our son and daughter in law are coming too and they've been on lots of cruises. Only 24 more days till we sail! Anxiously awaiting an answer! Thanks

Conquest 6/13/04

Not on the machines at the internet cafe, they are strictly internet terminals with no peripherals attached.

Tom <--- Curmudgeon of the Seas

almamater.jpg

Eleven cruises so far. Up next:

Shhhh, it's a surprise!

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=e9967a&cdt=2004;10;9;7;10;00&timezone=GMT-0500

Followed by:

Carnival Valor 10/30/05 CC Group

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=111111&cdt=2005;10;30;16;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500

And then:

Carnival Spirit 12/10/05 Mexican Riviera

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=00bfff&cdt=2005;12;10;16;00;00&timezone=GMT-0800

Perhaps something else as well. Watch this space.

Dance like it hurts, love like you need money, and work when somebody's watching.

icon_smile.gif Thanks for the quick answers. Looks like I'm off to the store,I don't have a laptop!Do you know if they can print pictures from a memory card on the ship? Like they do for 35mm or regular cameras? Some where I read that you get free doubles so that might work. 23 days and counting!

Yes, I believe they can print photos from a memory card or transfer the photos to a CD in the Photo Shop on board.

Imagination - Jan '96

Destiny - Jan '98

Miracle - July 3, 2004

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=ff0000&cdt=2004;7;3;16;00;00&timezone=GMT-0400

If I remember correctly, you could take your memory card to the guy working in the internet cafe and he could transfer your pictures to a cd. I dont remember what the price was but we thought it was pretty reasonable.

I am guessing that you may not want to print too many pictures on the ship. $$$$

You can shoot slight lower resolution. You can take time to delete duplicate or poor pics. Memory cards are getting cheaper.

And, many have mentioned, that some ships and some short services will copy and burn a CD for you. You might want to buy extra memory, but do not OPEN unless you really need it. If you do not open the blister pack, you can take it back when you get home.

Alaska via Spirit 6/2/04

Archived