Any precedents for partial cruise with Azamara?

Miss_Confused

Hi all,

Currently booked on my first Azamara cruise and it ends in Rio de Janiero. Just noted that the next cruise for the same ship ( the Pursuit) goes to the destination that I have planned (it loops down and then returns to Rio). Does anyone know of a precedent that you can book half a cruise aka get off halfway? Will of course call but since Im booking from Europe they are not well accustomed to Azamara ways and automatically revert to RC rules (i.e Ive taken a partial cruise with MSC but not sure if Azamara allows it even if there is space)

Thank you your advice

You would have to pay full fare and it would only be possible if all the local rules allow it. For a specific answer you would have to ask Azamara. 
A few years ago we disembarked early from a cruise in Peru then reboarded at the embarkation point in Lima for the next cruise. It was only possible because both ports were in Peru but there was a lot of paperwork. I think getting off early is more likely to be allowed than getting on late. 
We only had carryons when we disembarked I know they checked that would be all we would take off 

• Like 1

I used to work for a cruise line many moons ago and we got a lot of request for partial cruises. The first consideration was always was it legal. Like the US, many countries have laws that forbid getting on in one port in that country, and getting off at a different port in that country without going to a different country in between . For example, it isn't allowed to sail from San Francisco to Juneau, or from Rome to Livorno. So, if your beginning and ending ports are in the same country, that might be a no from the cruise line - they get fined heavily.  You will have to assume that you will get charged full fare, because they wouldn't be able to fill the stateroom with another customer in your absence. Good luck!