Qm2 - Cabin 8059

alfiemom

I also should have added that this lifeboat in front of this room is smaller than the others on that side of the boat.But you can get the idea of it.

I didnt take a picture of the other balcony room we had on the 4th level. It was a cut out of the hull and it was pretty dismal. It was like a metal wall with a whole cut out for a window. No glass bottom to the balcony -just metal.

Thanks, Crispy. It never ceases to amaze me what one can learn on these boards. As it turns out, we were able to get an inside cabin, mid-ships which is what we really wanted. For the N Atlantic in April I couldn't see paying 500 more for the 2 of us to look out over a life boat at the sea and cold winds.

First cruise from Red Hook.....can't wait.

I am booked for cabin 8055 for later in the year and was informed by my TA that this is an obstructed view. If you look at the new deck plan available at http://cruises.affordabletours.com/Cunard_Cruises/Queen_Mary_2/Deckplans.html this shows those that are totally obstructed.

However having had an obstructed before it didn't spoil my trip. At least your cabin is central and therefore not much walking to the lifts.

Enjoy your trip.

Archived