Favorite ports in the Caribbean in April?

I want to do a spring break cruise the first week of April with my husband and son, who will be 15 at the time of the cruise. My husband and I are in our 50's. (Very, very early 50's. We're sooooo young. LOL.) Seriously, what ports do you think will be the best ones to visit at that time of the year? I don't have a particular cruise line in mind yet - I see that NCL, Celebrity, Royal Caribbean and Carnival all have cruises that are viable for us during that period. We are most interested in cruises out of one of the Florida ports since we live closest to that area so it's the easiest to fly into. 

We are doing a Christmas cruise on Carnival into St. Kitts, St. Maarten, Amber Cove and San Juan, so we're fine with revisiting maybe one of those, but not all. We like to be active, my husband and son like to scuba dive, and I like to snorkel, we all like to hike, swim, sightsee, see historical sights, go on food tours, etc. 

I'd very much like to hear about your favorite ports for that time of year (April) and why you would choose them. Thanks so much!