I wonder if I have a GUAR cabin or I don't have a GUAR cabin?

Stockjock

Booked a holiday sailing out of Europe on Preziosa.  It was classified as an oceanview, but one of those interesting aft balconies where it has that pricing because the balcony portion is about 50% of the normal size.  There were no perks associated with this booking, so we spent about $532 to do the Easy drink package.

They subsequently switched ships with Virtuosa and changed my assigned Fantastica cabin to a Fantastica OV1 GUAR.

Due to the uncertainty and also due to a perks package now being offered, I switched the booking to an obstructed balcony with the superior Easy Plus drink package and wi-fi.  The promotion change only cost me $40 over the prior price (including the purchased Easy package), which I thought was a no brainer to have a better drink package, wi-fi, and a balcony cabin.

Now, when I look at the booking, it still shows as GUAR.  However, when I click on "stateroom", it shows the cabin that I chose under the new promotion.

Any idea if they may still consider my booking as a GUAR even though I've chosen a new cabin under the new promotion?

Edited by Stockjock

Think you will be fine. As you know their internal system is a bit tricky. When you change a promo, the old info shows in a "cancelled" tab and the new info in a separate one. So it may be picking up stuff from the canceled one but getting the Stateroom info on the correct tab. As a TA I sometimes get panicked when I first go into a res like that and don't realize it's on the old info tab.

Bret

• Like 1