Credits for Covid days on board

worcestergal

With this discussion on quarantine FCC’s I’m curious what the quarantine situation is currently onboard the Seabourn ships. The Quest seems to have had its unfortunate share. Is it the case of others in the lineup. I’m debating whether to dip back in to cruising yet and SB is my go to

31 minutes ago, PSahoy said:

With this discussion on quarantine FCC’s I’m curious what the quarantine situation is currently onboard the Seabourn ships. The Quest seems to have had its unfortunate share. Is it the case of others in the lineup. I’m debating whether to dip back in to cruising yet and SB is my go to

Friends just disembarked from the Ovation a few days ago, and they both had to self quarantine for 6 days, one after another. All 4 of their friends also tested positive, and one of them was offloaded at a port onto an ambulance. My friend remarked that he saw an ambulance at practically every port, and many guests were coughing on the ship.

• Like 1

sfvoyage's comment shows how variable (and unpredictable) the Covid situation still is.

On our recently-concluded 14-day Odyssey cruise to Alaska, there was no evidence of Covid as far as I could see. In fact, I rarely heard passengers coughing, probably less so than I would have heard on a typical pre-Covid cruise.  I asked a higher-level manager on board about Covid and he told me that no passenger or crew member on Odyssey had contracted Covid for the last several cruises.

A lot of factors are at play here, including location of the cruise, time of year, current testing and masking requirements, and how full the ship is.  Now that the flu/cold season is about to begin, I wonder if the testing and masking requirements will be adequate.