How strict is MSC with the 48 covid test?

Loverofcrafting

I am from Ireland and I am due to fly from Dublin to Barcelona next week. So we are all within the EU already. 

I haven't seen the details of hooking because my partner made the booking and he has the details. 

We are required to do a covid test before embarkation.   The ship sails for 6pm but we are required to be at the port for 2pm.  

I originally had an appointment for a covid test for Thursday morning but my plans have changed and I can only do a test now on Wednesday morning.  So it falls outside of the 48 hour window. 

My test would be 51/52 hours. 

Would that be OK? 

I am vaccinated and I had covid a few months ago but It wasn't PCR confirmed so I don't have a certificate of recovery. 

5 minutes ago, defbref said:

Are you sure you need a test ? MSC is changing its protocols from 1st of Oct (except it seems for our USA friends) that if your fully vaccinated its only advised but not required to do a test.

I'm not aware of what the policy is.  That seems to be some good news. 

I am fully vaccinated as much as what my country and age group will allow.   I got the two original vaccines and a booster last winter.  I will be due another booster soon but I need to wait 4 months after my infection.  

That's some good news.  So I don't need to worry or stress. I will continue with the covid test anyways next week but it will fall out of the 48 hour window 

Just hopped on Meraviglia on the 26th of September.  Requirements were strict because it is a Grand Voyages. 

Needed a 72-hour PCR, and made all calculations and adjustments, as we are from Canada, and boarded in Genoa.  Test was 66 hours old upon boarding, and I noticed the medical person double-checked the times, including time zones.  

1 hour ago, Zephyr173 said:

Just hopped on Meraviglia on the 26th of September.  Requirements were strict because it is a Grand Voyages. 

Needed a 72-hour PCR, and made all calculations and adjustments, as we are from Canada, and boarded in Genoa.  Test was 66 hours old upon boarding, and I noticed the medical person double-checked the times, including time zones.  

That's very strict. 

My partner rang the travel agents and he was told the policy has changed from the 1st of October and went need a test any more so long as we are vaccinated.  We are fully vaccinated as much as what out country will allow for our age group. 

2 hours ago, defbref said:

I was going to post a link to the protocols but website is down, check msccruises website for ireland and you should be able to find the health and safety protocols 

Travel Requirements Mediterranean | MSC Cruises

MSC Vaccination requirements from 1st October 2022:

• All Guests embarking are strongly encouraged, but not required, to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. 

When a Guest is considered "fully vaccinated"?

- Guests who have received at least two doses of vaccine - except in the case of a single dose Johnson & Johnson - including those not conisdered up-to-date by EMA standards.
- Guests who have recovered from Covid-19 with one shot of vaccine are considered fully vaccinated (they must provide a QR code or alternatively a validating documentation).

Testing requirements 

• For vaccinated Guests it’s not required (but strongly recommended) to present a negative test. 
  • Unvaccinated guests, guests without a vaccine certificate, or guests who have recovered from COVID-19, ages 5 and older are required to present a negative COVID-19 RT-PCR or Antigen test taken 48 hours prior to embarkation. 

Tests must be laboratory certified. A rapid antigen self-test is not valid for travel purposes. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I have also checked the requirement for a PLF (Passenger Locator Form) in Europe, The countries that still require at this present time are FRANCE, ITALY, MALTA AND SLOVENIA.

2 hours ago, Missymssy said:

Hopefully a US citizen sailing out of Med will post tomorrow !

They've updated the website for USA finally.  No test if vaccinated and nonvax can sail with test.  Yayy!

https://www.msccruisesusa.com/health-and-safety-measures/mediterranean

Edited by Native Floridian 26
  • Like 1