Jewel of the Seas vs Freedom of the seas

We (Us and our 2 kids (3and6)) are set to travel the week after thanksgiving and at this time are booked on the Freedom of the seas. I am concerned reading some of the negative feedback regarding how big is too big that perhaps we are making a mistake. It is all very well to have a new ship with great facilities but if it is going to be too crowded to get to use them it does not help. My alternate plan would be to change that booking to the Jewel of the seas which by all acounts is a smaller but well equipped ship.

Any thoughts?

Thanks

Chris

If the ratio of public space per passenger is the same for both ships then I am not sure how the ship would be more crowded. Sure there are more people, but so is the amount of space that people are using.

Only two things would concern me is if there are any tender ports, that can be a bottleneck and the check-in process during embarkation.

Well, the how big is too big comments referred to the new Genesis class ships that they are planning. I don't believe that Freedom will feel crowded. In my opinion, passenger to space ratio is roughly the same on all of their ships. i have been on Jewel, and I have also been on 2 Voyager class ships. I felt even though there is a noticable size difference the level of "crowdedness" if you will felt roughly the same. I would go with whichever ship interests you, I don't think being too crowded will be an issue.

If it were me... FREEDOM!

Jen

Adventure of the Seas ….. 63 days!

Jewel of the Seas 2005

Explorer of the Seas 2004

Voyager of the Seas 2002

Premier’s Olympia 1999

Monarch of the Seas 1994

Premier’s Olympia 1992

Archived