which should I choose???

Littlegoo75

Okay, since the Glory cruise on November 6th is practically sold out except for inside cabins, I have narrowed it down to a few....There is the Conquest out of New Orleans, Explorer of the Seas out of Miami, The Century out of Miami, the Elation out of Galveston, and the Legend out of Ft. Everglades. The only reason we were considering the Elation was because our cruising partners are out of New Mexico ( we're in D.C) The dumb thing is that the airfare to Houston from both EL Paso ( closest air port to them) and from D.C is outrageous. So the cruise rate is the cheapest, but the airfare kind of spoils that. Then there is New Orleans which would be a great place ot sail out of for me, because I haven't been there before, so it would be nice to spend a day there either before or after the cruise - another wierd thing is that the airfare is crazy to there as well..... it seems that Southern FLorida is the cheapest place to fly for us, but not so cheap for our friends in New Mexico - they might have to drive a couple extra hours to ALbuquerque to save a couple of hundred bucks on the airfare. I'm hesitant to sail out of Baltimore due to the over-booking fiasco that is going on right now. I like Carnival, but I wouldn't be opposed to trying out RCCL or Celebrity. Could those of you out there help me out - to give you the background on myself, my husband and our friends, we're all in our late 20's/early 30's child-free professionals who like to have fun, like to dine in nice establishments, are adventure seekers, but not up-tight. I like the fun factor of Carnival, I thought the cuisine on the Pride was good, I love the imaginative design on the Carnival ships, but I heard Celebrity was great, I'm just hoping that it's not an up-tight, stuffy atmosphere, and that there is a good group of 20/30 somethings... I figure RCCL is similar to Carnival, I just heard that they have gone downhill in the last couple of years...please, I would love to hear what any of you have to say on my choices....

??????????? November 2004

Carnival Pride 4/27/02

Sitmar Fairsea 4/ 1983 ( I was just a little kid!!)

For me it would be either the Legend or the Explorer OTS. I loved the Legend. The Spirit class is my favorite class of ships in the Carnival fleet. I am trying the Navigator in December. The only ones that do not interest me in your naming is Celebrity and the Conquest. I do not like that class of ship.

Gordon

http://community.webshots.com/user/cruisingator

NCL Starward-86, Starship Atlantic-91, Caribe-92, Seabreeze-93, Fantasy-93, Norway-94, Celebration-94, Sensation-95, Imagination-96, Destiny-97, Celebration-98, Triumph-99, Victory-00, Majesty of the Seas-01, Fascination-01, Carnival Pride-02, Majesty of the Seas-02, Carnival Legend-02, Fantasy 7-03, Glory 9-03, Fantasy 11-03, Triumph 3/04.

9/02/2004 Fantasy

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=808000&cdt=2004;9;2;16;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500

Navigator of the Seas 12/04/04

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=111111&cdt=2004;12;04;17;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500

Thanks! I like the Spirit class as well, the only thing is that the week that we're looking at, the Legend is doing the eastern caribbean, and we want to do the one that goes to Costa Rica and Panama. There's also the Spirit which will be doing an 8 day on the Mexican Riviera, but I'm thinking it will be cold during November. After sailing on the Pride, we couldn't wait to try out the Spirit and the Legend, and we were scheduled to sail on the Legend last year, but had to cancel at the last minute due to an emergency. I want to give RCCL a try, but I heard they have been going downhill while Carnival is improving.

Carnival Pride 4/27/02

Conquest from NOLA. Add a day or two and check it out. We also can not get good air pricing to Houston so we will bypass those cruises.

Fascination 1997 Destiny 2000

Victory 2000 Sensation 2001

Norway 2002 Legend 2002

NCL Dawn 2003 Inspiration 2003

Victory 2004 Holiday 2004

I would pick the Explorer. Not a fan of the Conquest and the other seems to be out of the price range for airfare.

Next: Coral Princess 6/04 Dawn Princess 10/04

Photos: http://community.webshots.com/user/kkorman

http://community.webshots.com/user/kkorman1

Coral Princess 4/04, (Canal-FLL-VAN), Conquest 12/03 -New Years, Norwegian Sky b2b 12/03, Carnival Pride 06/03, Star Princess 03/03, Norwegian Star 07/02,Voyager of the Seas 06/01, Ecstasy 12/00, Exporer of the Seas 11/00, Zaandam 08/00, Destiny 04/00, Nordic Empress 08/99, Rhapsody of the Seas 04/98, Sensation 12/96, Legend of the Seas 8/96, Imagination 8/95, Jubilee 3/92, Sovereign of the Seas 10/88

I know, that is SO wierd that airfare into Houston is so expensive. Even when I lived in New Mexico, it was cheaper to fly into Florida. It's cheaper to fly into San Francisco than to fly into Houston from D.C. and the plane stops in Houston on it's way to SFO! How dumb. I guess it only makes sense for Houston locals to sail out of there. So, yep the Elation is out for sure. It's a good and bad thing that there are so many choices out there...good because there are so many options, bad because it makes it so hard to choose! I just wish there were more cruises out of Baltimore. I would love to do a 10 day out of Baltimore, but it seems that the only choice for that is the Celebrity Galaxy.

Carnival Pride 4/27/02

Archived