11 night Brilliance to Panama - Formal nights?

Hi - My wife is bugging me to find out the exact number of formal, smart casual and casual nights for the 11 night Brilliance Panama Canal trip. We only have 40+ days to prepare. :> If someone has recently taken this cruise I'd appreciate the info. I believe there are 3 formal but what do I know.

Thanks

We did this on Feb 13 and there were two formal nights. I caution you that in our prep work up to the cruise, the number constantly changed form 2 to 3 and back. I suggest you check close to the cruise date directly with RCCL.

Thanks for the help. I found this on the RCI site. I could have sworn it said 3 formals a few months back although maybe I read it in the brochure. Just want to make sure we have enough in the way of suits and ties for our 3 boys. Looks like 4 nights is all we have to worry about. I'll have a jacket and tux so I'm set. Thanks again.

Suggested guidelines for these nights are: Casual: Sport shirts and slacks for men, sundresses or pants for women

Smart Casual: Jackets and ties for men, dresses or pantsuits for women

Formal: Suits and ties or tuxedos for men, cocktail dresses for women

3 to 4 - night cruises include one formal night and the remainder nights are casual.

5 - night cruises include one formal and the remainder nights casual.

6 - night cruises include two formal nights, one smart casual and the remainder nights casual. 7 to 9 - night cruises include two formal nights, one smart casual night and the remainder nights casual.

10 to 13-night cruises include two formal nights, two smart casual nights, and the remainder nights casual.

14+ - night cruises include three formal nights, four smart casual nights and the remainder nights casual.

Sounds like pot luck. I guess I can use alcman's suggestion and contact RCI. I'm sure they'll give me the correct answer........ha. On the other hand we'll just bring extra ties and use the laundry service if needed.

Thanks everyone! We love seeing the kids dressed up and they get a kick out of it too.

Archived